Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a hare-brained wild idea the other day, that I should try & collect in 1:43 scale, all the cars I have ever owned. I've come to the conclusion that this will be next to impossible, so I thought I'd look into them being available in 1:64 (or any) scale. What do you guys think, are they out there (and if so, who made them)? Will I be able to find them all? Please, oh mighty knowledgable ones, let me know!

Here they are:

1) 1969 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2 dr
2) 1966 Ford Mustang coupe, with vinyl top - Johnny Lightning
3) 1978 Subaru Wagon 4WD
4) 1980 VW Pickup
5) 1985 Toyota Xtra-cab Truck
6) 1989 Toyota 4X4 Xtra-cab Truck
7) 1977 Toyota Celica liftback
8) 1998 Toyota Avalon
9) 1998 Toyota 4Runner
10) 1966 Toyota Corona - Tomica Limited Vintage
11) 1996 Toyota Corolla Station wagon
12) 2006 Toyota 4Runner

Also, these belonged to my parents when I was a kid;
13) a fourth generation 64-66 Ford Thunderbird coupe, hardtop
14) not sure about this one. Maybe a 1971 - 1974 Mercedes Benz 280SE or 300SE?

I know a couple of the Toyota have been made by Tomica in one form or another (Celica, Corona, 4Runner [Surf]), but my concern is the others.

Any suggestions, referrals, advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
754 Posts
The Mustang and Thunderbird were made by multiple manufacturers; your best bet though is Johnny Lightnings for them as they made multiple variants that may exactly duplicate what you're looking for. Check out Wyatt's JL Image Catalog: http://www.jlcollector.com

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Don't know but good luck! Still waiting for a decent casting of my last 1:1 toy. Come on Greenlight! You guys made the pre-prod, how about producing it?

Oh, btw, don't know about a '66 Corona, but I know a guy that has a '06 Budweiser in his fridge ;)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mustang and Thunderbird were made by multiple manufacturers; your best bet though is Johnny Lightnings for them as they made multiple variants that may exactly duplicate what you're looking for. Check out Wyatt's JL Image Catalog: http://www.jlcollector.com
:thumbsup: Cool... Thank you, it's a start! JL does have Mustangs that are close to what I had.
But no T-birds - seems they have the generation before & after...:freak:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, btw, don't know about a '66 Corona, but I know a guy that has a '06 Budweiser in his fridge ;)
:rolleyes: haha... Actually there's a nice Corona made under the Tomica Limited Vintage line that is very nice. I'll pass on the Bud though, I prefer German beers :tongue:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Not sure about the castings you are looking for But I can say that trying to do a collection of what you and your family has owned through the years will also require some custom done work. I have been doing it for a while. Every now and then I get lucky and a company will make one in the right color and year other times they come close but not quite and I have had to modify and repaint to get the clone. Then on others no luck at all. I wish ya luck on your endeavor.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
My HT handle is based on my father's first brand new car: a 1965 Dodge Coronet Station Wagon. Greenlight is halfway there......

My first 1:1s were a '70 Nova, then a '69. JL has them covered. :thumbsup:

Just wish more station wagons in general were done...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've always thought that would be a cool thing to do. I'm still on my first car though and nobody makes it in any scale lol, 95 Thunderbird SC.

Instead I've started doing it slowly for my Dad, 1/18 68 Mustang GT/CS in Acapulco Blue from GL and his Christmas present for this year a 1/24 Franklin Mint 57 Fairlane Convertible White and Pink.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I've been trying to do likewise. I have the 54 Bel Air in the right color in a 1/64, my present Impala in the right color in a 1/26. The closest I've come to my burgundy '66 Impala SS is a JL 1965 Impala. My blue Opel GT is represented by a yellow Solido 1/43. I have a couple of the Saabs in 1/43 in the right colors. Hongwell made my white 2001 Silverado pickup in 1/43. The closest I came to a silver Venture van was a silver Opel Sintra in 1/43 - same body, different arm of GM. There are still others to fill - the toughest I think will be a 1974 Corolla, a 1989 LeSabre, and a 1999 Lumina. It's a fun project... the challenge of the chase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts