Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 3765 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rowle1jt:
Change in plans.....might not be there friday night...but I WILL BE THERE!

Scott, I realize I would lack traction, but I can I use street/low tread tires on the carpet for truck? They aren't off road tires they are Losi's street tread pattern.
Thanks!
Jake
</font>
Hey Jake.I'm using strikers on my truck and that is what they usually run there.I have used street hogs before but you really have to sauce them up.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Foams in mod truck is o.k. but stock HAS TO USE RUBBER. Jake, do you run losi or ass. if it's losi I should have an extra set of strikers that you can use in stock, the losi on-road tires most likely won't hook up on this carpet. I e-mailed you directions, sorry i didn't do it sooner. by the way your hotel will be off the second soo exit(holiday inn express). it is right off the highway.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mel:
Hey Guys I thought we were running foams in mod truck? Guess I better bring all my truck tires. See ya!</font>

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by WIGMAN:
Foams in mod truck is o.k. but stock HAS TO USE RUBBER. Jake, do you run losi or ass. if it's losi I should have an extra set of strikers that you can use in stock, the losi on-road tires most likely won't hook up on this carpet. I e-mailed you directions, sorry i didn't do it sooner. by the way your hotel will be off the second soo exit(holiday inn express). it is right off the highway.
</font>

Cool thanks Wigman! I run stock here in Mount Pleasant and use the losi's. ( I run a XXXT) If I souce them they get so sticky the the carpet fuzz will stick to them.

You said something about wanting me to bring my buggy, I just remebered, I don't have foams or even street tires for it.....Might be able to scrounge up some slicks? Would that work?
Thanks
Jake

[This message has been edited by rowle1jt (edited 10-12-2001).]

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Wanted to let everyone know that I got home safe, rained, the whole way...... I'm sure that it did for Mel and his crew as well.

I can honestly say that I was very happy with the race/strucutre/organization. Wigman, I WILL BE BACK! I had fun and for running a new car for the first time and a new track I'm happy with how I did.

Mel, Casey and Joel, good to finally put a face to a name, Hopefully some of you guys can make it to Mount Pleasant this year! (Mel already dominates mod truck down here!) Scott, as always good see you and gang, and Casey, I got a question for you. If your the "Pro Match" man, how did I beat you? LoL.
You'll just have to come to Mount Pleasant and prove me wrong!

Thanks for the good time guys!
Jake

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey Jake.Dont know what happened to Casey today but i think it had something to do with the four cell cars.It is hard to setup for 4 cell whan we are used to racing 6 cell.Casey is usually faster than heck.We from the U.P had one heck of a time there as always.Thanks to Mel for letting us have a chance in mod truck(
).Joel,you put on a hell of a race and it moved along quickly.To everyone who didn't make it,too bad as you missed a great time.Soon as we get our track up and going i will post here so i hope we get some new people.Take care Jake and we WILL see you's soon in MT Pleasant.Thanx for comming and thanx to WIGMAN for putting on a fine race.We WILL be back.Also,Thanx to Keith Rackner,Greg Dean and Mel Letts for giving us a great show as always in Pan car.Some day we hope to be as fast as you three are.You guys are awesome to watch and very very helpful to us.We really appreciate your help and we feel honored to know you guys.Thanx again and take care all.

Scott(t3rc1)and KEEP ON RACING

[This message has been edited by t3rc1 (edited 10-13-2001).]

· Premium Member
928 Posts
Hey Guys We made it home a little after 11:00 P.M. It was a wet and windy trip all the way.
Thanks Joel for giving us a great place to race. The track was 100% better without the inside pipes. Can't say for sure when we will make it back, but keep us posted.
To Scott and our other eastern Yooper fellow racers, thanks for the compliments. Wish there would have been more time to help you guys out. You guys are what racing is all about. Having fun even though you're not the fastest. Keep working on them cars and you will get there. It is true what is said (race with the fast guys and you will get faster).
It was good meeting you Jake (from Mt. Pleasant). Find out what size that spur gear is and we can help you out more.
It was also good to race with you two Cheeseheads from Wisconsin. You two are dedicated Rc'ers. Hope you had a safe trip home.
Gotta go time to start getting ready for Jackson College next Sunday.
See ya later! Mel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys, once again I did horrible at my own race but thats o.k. as long as everyone had fun thats the important thing. I wish I would have figured out that I screwed up my rollout a little earlier though, don't know what i did wrong the first time but I had to add 10 teeth to the pinion to get where i thought i was in the first place, and i wonder why i was so slow.......lol
hope to see you all again soon, jake when are those mt. pleasant races again?
see ya , Joel

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Had a good time, the drive made for a long day, but I know that I was not the only one so I won't complain any more.
I was happy with the car, and don't worry Mel. I will figure out what size the spur is, 'cause I'm gonna buy a new one! Going 64 pitch, and a Pro-Match MVP will soon be on the way as well! Where should I start gearing wise for Mount Pleasant with 6 cell and an MVP? 64 pitch (as well as pan cars) are a whole new ball game to me! I like them though. No push, they don't roll and they dont spin out. I let Matt drive for a few laps (the other person with me) who is used to Legend and racing offroad. He didn't know what to do with a car that turned! All in all it was fun and I like the new (old) car!

Joel, didn't get a chance to see your XXX-T. Your post was a bit confusing, what were you trying to say with the shock towers? Mount Pleasants dates are in the middle of this thread, first message on page two.

Thanks for everything guys!
Jake

Mel, I really appreciate you letting me run your motor, it helped A LOT! Thanks man!

· Premium Member
6,222 Posts
Anyone still here and reading?
Jake
</font>
Yea I am here Jake. As for my pan car I don't know what was up with it I had a new motor and a new pack. The pack was 1.14+ and was charged too. The only thing I didn't change was the ESC. I know it wasn't because of us Running 4 cell either. I just should have practiced with it instead of screwing around but that is what I normally do. I will try and make it down and race with you soon.

I am not sure what i wil be doing anytime soon. I called my wife on the cell Phone when I left and found out that her mother got ran over by one of teh tractors on her farm and got messed up pretty bad. I have been going to Petoskey Hospital most of this week and will have to help out at her house with the chores and stuff like that. She is doing as well as expected she is taking morphine and other pain medicence and it is not helping that much. Shew will be in for 3 weeks atleast.
After another week I will know more but till than take it easy and hope to see everybody soon

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Wow, well our thoughts are with you and hoping she makes a fast recovery!

As for the 4-cell thing, I will be honest. I didn't like it. Mostly becasue I'm not used to it. I can't wait to try and run 6-cell pan car, should be much more fun!

Hope everything else is going good.
Jake

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Mel,
Here is the scoop. I picked up a 115 tooh spur and a 26 tooh pinion in 64 pitch today. With a tuned MVP will that be a good place to start? I will be running full size (not cut down) tires on the track here in Mount Pleasant. Told Jon that I saw you guys and he wanted me to make sure that you know Mount Pleasants dates. I told him that you would not be at the first race the 27th is this still correct?

As for the gearing, is this a good place to start or not? I can take the pinion back and go bigger or smaller. I don't know if you know Jay Mowl or not, but he said to go with a 115/24 or 25. But hedoesn't run an MVP either. It will be a Pro Match MVP, with some of Big Jims new tribo drops which are supposed to help w/ torque and run cooler, which is why I went one tooth higher than Jay said. Whats your opinion? Thanks!
Jake

PS Do Keith or Greg ever come here to the boards?

· Premium Member
928 Posts
Hey Guys Casey hope things are looking up for your family. Not alot to do at the Petosky Hospital. I spent a few days there with my brother inlaw back in July. We were comming back from your neck of the woods and he had a heart attack and that is where he ended up. They do have a computer that you can use and get on the internet with. You can set up a hotmail account that allows you to e-mail. I think the computer is on the 1st floor but I do know it is in a lounge.
Hey jake I would go with the 115-25. Even with the MVP. Most of us at Mt.Pleasant would run at 1.70 ratio. Get your self a cheap pair of calipers so you can measure the tire. Then you can use a calculator to figure your gearing.
Example - 2.50 tire size X Pi or 3.14 X 25 your pinion divided by 115 your spur = 1.70.
The smaller the tire gets the larger the pinion will have to be to keep at 1.70. Think you got it or did I do a good job of confusing you? 2.50 X 3.14 X 25 / 115 = 1.70
No Keith and Greg don't use the internet they're better with there cars than with the internet. It is hard to beat them two.
As the speed goes up what was a good car will start to go to pot. They say loose is fast if you can drive it. You want to get that car to turn with as little of dual rate as possible.
Jackson this weekend and Larry's the next two Sat. after that. Four cell stock and Busch. Later Boys

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
With as little dual rate as possible, so you mean more wheel travel on the tx = less wheel travel in car right? I do need to turn the dr's down, I think that would help.

As for gearing, yeah, I do understand the role out formula, might wirte a program for my calculator so I can input the specs and have it spit out gear ratio! Wow, I really am lazy!
Thanks Mel!
Jake

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey jake
our next race is this weekend the 27th after that they will be nov. 10th and 24th, dec. 8th and 22nd, jan 5th and 19th, feb 2nd and 16th, march 2nd and 16th, and our last race will be on april 13th. it will be a trophy race , we will run pancars on an oval and everything else on a road course for all of our remaining races. we run stock trucks, 19t touring cars, 12th scale(4-cell mod), e-maxxes on the road course, hope to see ya soon

Joel.....or anyone who race in the Soo.

I lost my sheet on race dates, put on up in the LHS, but mine? Who knows! When are the race dates up there? Thanks!
Jake

</font>

41 - 60 of 3765 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.