Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey Jake, you don't know me but you might recognize my name from about.com
We are having a trophy race on the 13th of October, we race in sault Ste. Marie , Michigan. it should be about a 220-230 foot oval. from what I hear big john zuback will be here along with keith rackner,mel letts, and maybe greg dean. also we have a couple of guys coming from wisconsin. we will be running 4-cell pancar(stock) as well as stock truck, unlimited mod.truck, touring cars. we will hopefully have a good turnout.
if you would like a flyer please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you more info.
later Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey WIGMAN.You talked us into it,We are going to run the oval pans too.Got some 2000 i hope will be sufficient to last the heat.Dont expect anything fancy or fast as these are older cells but it will be a blast.See ya then.

Scott(t3rc1)and KEEP ON RACING

I knew I could talk you into it!!!!!!!
Glad to here it woooooohoooooooooo
see you guys on the 7th

· Registered
1,193 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rowle1jt:
Yeah I really would like to come. Is there a buggy class at all? I have a truck that I culd run in either stock/mod but my buddy who might come does not have a truck. He only has a XX (Kinwald) and a Legend.

Also what hotels are there up in the Soo? Rates should be decent, it is "off season" afterall.

Hmmm....maybe you should run Legend too......

Thanks!
Jake

[This message has been edited by rowle1jt (edited 10-02-2001).]
</font>
if there are enough legends(4) we will run them if you want too. I won't have time to get trophies for them but for $5 entry we will run them for ribbons. also as for buggy that class has pretty much died up here. we used to have alot of them at one time but nobody runs them anymore. I may have a truck that he can run though. I will make a couple of phone calls and find out for sure. I will let you know by the end of the week.
As for motels I do believe the cheapest in town is the new MOTEL 6. 1800 4motel6 or direct the number is1-906-632-6000
you name the major chain and it is in the soo now. if you want more numbers just ask and i will find them and post them

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Motel 6 huh? Thats cool. Heres the scoop, if he comes (not sure yet) he might run my truck. I just a purchased a pan car, couple years old but I just want to have fun, the part that sucks is that I have to break my packs apart for 4 cell. Not used to 4-cell, less punch? less speed? how important is gearing?
Thanks!
Jake
</font>
thats cool I hope he can make it. Not sure about 4 cell gearing this will be my first 4 cell experience. they say once you run on 4 cells for a while you won't really notice the difference and the racing is actually a little closer and alittle more competetive, I guess we will see next weekend.
also do you have directions to the track?
if you need them let me know and e-mail me your adress and i will get them in the mail to you asap so you have them for next weekend.
my e-mail is [email protected]

see ya

· Registered
1,193 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by t3rc1:
Hey WIGMAN.Just a short question,Are you still going to have the walls around the track?If we are going four cell then the speeds are slower and we wont need the walls.The only time we had breakage was clipping that wall.That is where you get chunked tires and broken frontends.Maybe just get rid of the inside one and leave the outside one.This would decrease the breakage immensley.Just a thought that Kevin and i were pondering.You ran at our track and you saw how well it works without the walls.See ya this weekend.

</font>
Hey scott, we will have outside boards at this race but no inside ones, this is oval only, I can't remove the outside ones due to the amount of kids and non r/c people in the area when we race, also I will be picking up an amb system on saturday and was wondering if we could try it out at your track on sunday? I also have info for you on another system, if your interested in the price (don't want to post it here) give me a call and I'll let you know, my number is posted in the "trophy race in the soo" thread. later and see ya sunday

· Registered
1,193 Posts
OH YEAH! We are now TWO pages long!

Wigman, what time does racing start on saturday?
Thanks!
Jake
</font>
Hey Jake, contrary to the first post( sorry scott) we will be setting the track up @ 5:30 friday nught, practice will start as soon as the track is set up, we will be there till 10-10:30, Sat. morning the doors open at 8 a.m., sign-up opens at 11, racing to start (hopefully) at noon.
hope to see ya here, Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Foams in mod truck is o.k. but stock HAS TO USE RUBBER. Jake, do you run losi or ass. if it's losi I should have an extra set of strikers that you can use in stock, the losi on-road tires most likely won't hook up on this carpet. I e-mailed you directions, sorry i didn't do it sooner. by the way your hotel will be off the second soo exit(holiday inn express). it is right off the highway.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mel:
Hey Guys I thought we were running foams in mod truck? Guess I better bring all my truck tires. See ya!</font>

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys, once again I did horrible at my own race but thats o.k. as long as everyone had fun thats the important thing. I wish I would have figured out that I screwed up my rollout a little earlier though, don't know what i did wrong the first time but I had to add 10 teeth to the pinion to get where i thought i was in the first place, and i wonder why i was so slow.......lol
hope to see you all again soon, jake when are those mt. pleasant races again?
see ya , Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey jake
our next race is this weekend the 27th after that they will be nov. 10th and 24th, dec. 8th and 22nd, jan 5th and 19th, feb 2nd and 16th, march 2nd and 16th, and our last race will be on april 13th. it will be a trophy race , we will run pancars on an oval and everything else on a road course for all of our remaining races. we run stock trucks, 19t touring cars, 12th scale(4-cell mod), e-maxxes on the road course, hope to see ya soon

Joel.....or anyone who race in the Soo.

I lost my sheet on race dates, put on up in the LHS, but mine? Who knows! When are the race dates up there? Thanks!
Jake

</font>

· Registered
1,193 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by t3rc1:
Hi Jake.Yes im still here.Just kind of at a stand still until we get our carpet put down.Offroad is done at our track and we are waiting word on a building for the winter.Hope to make it up your way soon.See ya then.

</font>
Hey scott, you guys comin this way this weekend? Just wondering if we will be running pancars or not this weekend.
Hope you can make it up again Jake. sorry you don't like the four cell thing but from what I've been told mt. pleasant traverse city and escanaba is the only places in the state that still run six cell. much cheaper in all aspects of oval racing to run 4-cell.
Tire wear is practically nothing not to mention the motors hardly heat up with only 4 cells pushing them around the track.
hope to see everyone back soon take care and good luck at your race this weekend jake.
later Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Actually Jake they have 2 newer ones out
the x-15 and the extreme. the extreme is the newest one. i have had an x-15 it was fast but i didn't like not being able to order parts. now it is mels, well it will be as soon as i mail it. sorry mel, it will go out by the end of the week. it is boxed up and everything i just need to find time to get to the post office.
l;ater, Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey Guys, How was the Jackson Race?
wish I could have been there. I will hopefully make it to one of them sooner or later this year/
Mel did you get the x-15, I was going to e-mail you and ask but there was a glich with my computer and i sort of accidentally deleted everything in my outlook express, oh well i guess, hope it got to you o.k
Later, Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hi All, Hope all you guys are doing well.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the soo will no longer be racing oval. we will be racing roadcourse only for the rest of the year.
no one up here seems to be interested in running oval, we haven't had a pancar class since october so we have decided to scrap oval. If you know anyone that needs an l30 that for the most part has never seen the track let me know.
Jake hows the hand?
Hope it's getting better.
see ya, joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
After Much discussion about the oval racing in the soo i guess we will be running them again.
no more 4 cell though we will be going back to 6 cells effective immediatly.
i guess it's back to go real fast and try to turn left....lol

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hi All,
We had a great race in the soo this past weekend.
I would like to thank Kevin and Jake for coming from Escanaba(scott hope the timing will be better for you next time. we missed ya) and also Mike and Tom from Gaylord and Calvin from Traverse city. Hope all of you had as much fun as I did. Just wish i could have made a couple more laps with you guys in the main.Oh well, I smoked em all in touring car so I'm Happy.....lol
Hey Mel, Finnaly got to run that L3o I got from you, I qualified 4th, only 1 lap behind 2nd and 3rd qualifiers. Calvin had us all covered in qualifying but his luck ran out in the main and Jacob smoked every body.

Is anyone going to Traverse City this weekend? Thats where i'll be.
See you all later, Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey scott, you might want to wait and see about the nastruck bodies, they look cool but i doubt alot of places will let you run the truck bodies with the cars in the same class.
I wish I could join you in GR. but I'll be in T.C. with my woman. I'm lucky to be able to race while I'm there, she did tell me if I'm good she will even let me race sedans on sunday too. doubt it will happen but ya never know i guess.
Are you planning on going to perry and pat's race in Wis. the end of Feb.? I talked the woman into "allowing" me togo but I'll have to wait and see if Casey can go too so we can share the expenses and stuff.
well talk to you guys later,
Joel

P.S. hey Mel , Ya still got those associated bodies for me?
later Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Just a reminder to everyone that we are racing in the soo this weekend.
I went to traverse city and raced last weekend with those guys and had a blast.
I still can't get past my 63 lap run though.
I might have been able to in the main but i got stupid and changed my motor and added acouple teeth to the pinion. Big mistake , I should have stayed where I was. Maybe next time I can get 64 or 65 laps like the big dogs down there.
Now they get to come to my turf though, we don't have none of that letting off for the corners bull, you just put the hammer down and hold on for dear life. lol

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Had a great time in Green Bay this weekend.
Tq'ed 6 cell pancar and had the lead for all but 2 laps. I had a terrible run in with a corner dot and ended up breaking a rear body mount and jacob was right there to take the win away, at least a yooper won the race, we had 3 of us in the "A" main. oops sorry Chuck we had 4 yoopers in the "A" main.

Hope to see alot of you guys up here on April the 13th for our trophy race.
Hey Jake, what is your adress so i can mail you a flyer?
Later , Joel

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Hey scott,

just to let you know our trophy race isn't until april 13th.

i'd love to have you guys here at our next race on the 16th but it won't be for the goods until april.

mel,
I keep flirting with your track record up here, today in 2 heats and the main I was on pace for it but stupidity got the better of me. In the 3rd heat I was on your 55 lap pace and about the 2 1/2 - 3 minute mark my pace started to slow due to someone hooking his battery up to the charger and forgeting to hit the start button.

Maybe next week........lol
At any rate the l3o works pretty good I guess, still scrubbing speed in the corners though, I think if I can get rid of that I might even be able to make the "A" at my trophy race.........not.

Later, Wigman

· Registered
1,193 Posts
:)
Hey guys
We will be having our last points race in the soo on the 16th of March.
We will be having a trophy race on the 13th of April.
The classes will be

6 Cell Pancar (oval)
Mod truck (oval)
stock truck (road course)
Stock touring car(road course)
Mod. 4 cell 12th scale (road course)
Novice( road course)
E-Maxx (road course)

If you would like a complete list of the rules and a flyer please e-mail me your adress at [email protected]

Later, Wigman:wave:

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.