Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
HEY MEL.Sure,stole my motor combo(lol).I think we will be running oval too because WIGMAN is keeping on me to do it.If all the people show up that are supposed to then this will be a great time.See ya then.

Scott(t3rc1)and KEEP ON RACING

· Registered
282 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by WIGMAN:
Hey Jake, you don't know me but you might recognize my name from about.com
We are having a trophy race on the 13th of October, we race in sault Ste. Marie , Michigan. it should be about a 220-230 foot oval. from what I hear big john zuback will be here along with keith rackner,mel letts, and maybe greg dean. also we have a couple of guys coming from wisconsin. we will be running 4-cell pancar(stock) as well as stock truck, unlimited mod.truck, touring cars. we will hopefully have a good turnout.
if you would like a flyer please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you more info.
later Joel
</font>
Hey WIGMAN.You talked us into it,We are going to run the oval pans too.Got some 2000 i hope will be sufficient to last the heat.Dont expect anything fancy or fast as these are older cells but it will be a blast.See ya then.

· Registered
282 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rowle1jt:
Once again this year Mount Pleasant will be having monthly carpet races. For those who didn't get a chance to come down you shold try to this year. Just ask T3RC (Scott), him and his buddies had fun. Legend, Pan car (stock/mod), Buggy (mod/maybe stock?), Truck (stock/mod), Bolink Sprint cars, other classes w/ atleast three entries. As soon as I get a flyer, I will post a link to it here. I am going to try and get into the UP to race a couple of times this winter, just seems that things never work out. Where is everyone racing up there?
Thanks
Jake
</font>
Hey Jake.Whats Up?We will be there this winter for sure at least twice.We are working on a new place to put our oval this year.It will probably be in Escanaba.Try to make the soo race,it is a great time.Looks like the big names will be there so we are there for sure.I'll post when we get our track up and running so maybe you all can come up here.Take care.

· Registered
282 Posts
We'll be there even if we have to walk(lol).I am quite sure that this will be the race of races for the start of the carpet season.Really looking forward to it.See ya then.

· Registered
282 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Promatchracer:
hey all what's up
Got my puter fixed and back online
Rob picked up his packs today so he wil be at the race on the 13th
Scott how many gas trucks are you guys getting for a race and what are the rules for it?
Also if Joel and i run the same truck what would happen if we made the same main ?
</font>
Hi Casey.The guys from gaylord will be here and they all run gas.There should be at least 6 gas trucks there for the race.Run what you want as far as engines go.Dont go too big or you wont beable to keep it on the track.Most are running .12's but run what you want.As far as you and joel making the same main,Maybe one can steer and one can work the throttle(lol).Not sure on that one.

[This message has been edited by t3rc1 (edited 09-30-2001).]

· Registered
282 Posts
Hi Jake.Not sure about the ledgend class but if WIGMAN gets enough there to run a class he just might do it.I am going to run mod truck and pan car so i'll have my work cut out for me.Hope to see ya there.Take care.

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey WIGMAN.Just a short question,Are you still going to have the walls around the track?If we are going four cell then the speeds are slower and we wont need the walls.The only time we had breakage was clipping that wall.That is where you get chunked tires and broken frontends.Maybe just get rid of the inside one and leave the outside one.This would decrease the breakage immensley.Just a thought that Kevin and i were pondering.You ran at our track and you saw how well it works without the walls.See ya this weekend.

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey Joel.I'll have Kevin call you to see what we will need to run it.We have a puter but no pa syatem.The one we had was from sands and i dont know who got it now.That would be so sweet if we can get it to work.Yes we are looking for one so we'll find out more when we see you.Outside wall is fine,the inside was the culprit so we all will be happy.Our weather outlook is saying cold and snow but i think we may get the cold and not snow.HOPEFULLY.Will see you all this sunday.

Scott

· Registered
282 Posts
OH YEAH! We are now TWO pages long!
Wigman, what time does racing start on saturday?
Thanks!
Jake
</font>
Hey Jake.Track opens friday nite at about 5:30pm.Saturday at 8:00am,Register starts at 11:00.Hope you all make it.By the way.Mel had been going to MT Pleasant for some time,that is where i met him.He is a real cool person.

Scott

[This message has been edited by t3rc1 (edited 10-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by t3rc1 (edited 10-10-2001).]

· Registered
282 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by WIGMAN:
Hey Jake, contrary to the first post( sorry scott) we will be setting the track up @ 5:30 friday nught, practice will start as soon as the track is set up, we will be there till 10-10:30, Sat. morning the doors open at 8 a.m., sign-up opens at 11, racing to start (hopefully) at noon.
hope to see ya here, Joel
</font>
Hey,No problem WIGMAN.I revised my former post to the correct times.I guess i'm glad i checked back here because i thought i had the right times.From now on i wont answer questions that dont pertain to me,I'd hate to give someone the wrong info,and i want Jake and them to make it to the Soo.Been a long time and no see.Looking forward to it.See ya saturday.

· Registered
282 Posts
Change in plans.....might not be there friday night...but I WILL BE THERE!

Scott, I realize I would lack traction, but I can I use street/low tread tires on the carpet for truck? They aren't off road tires they are Losi's street tread pattern.
Thanks!
Jake
</font>
Hey Jake.I'm using strikers on my truck and that is what they usually run there.I have used street hogs before but you really have to sauce them up.

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey Jake.Dont know what happened to Casey today but i think it had something to do with the four cell cars.It is hard to setup for 4 cell whan we are used to racing 6 cell.Casey is usually faster than heck.We from the U.P had one heck of a time there as always.Thanks to Mel for letting us have a chance in mod truck(
).Joel,you put on a hell of a race and it moved along quickly.To everyone who didn't make it,too bad as you missed a great time.Soon as we get our track up and going i will post here so i hope we get some new people.Take care Jake and we WILL see you's soon in MT Pleasant.Thanx for comming and thanx to WIGMAN for putting on a fine race.We WILL be back.Also,Thanx to Keith Rackner,Greg Dean and Mel Letts for giving us a great show as always in Pan car.Some day we hope to be as fast as you three are.You guys are awesome to watch and very very helpful to us.We really appreciate your help and we feel honored to know you guys.Thanx again and take care all.

[This message has been edited by t3rc1 (edited 10-13-2001).]

· Registered
282 Posts
Hi Jake.Yes im still here.Just kind of at a stand still until we get our carpet put down.Offroad is done at our track and we are waiting word on a building for the winter.Hope to make it up your way soon.See ya then.

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey Guys.Cant make it this weekend Joel.Maybe the next one if money permits.The 4 cell isn't bad if you can figure out the gearing or like me who didn't have gears big enough.In six cell we never needed pinions in the high thirties.With the right gearing on hand it would have been easier to keep up to you faster guys.I do have to admit that my car was so easy to control with four cells that it seemed like a whole different car.All in all we had a GREAT time in the soo and we look forward to doing four cell there again.See you guys soon.

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey Guys.Cant make it this weekend Joel.Maybe the next one if money permits.The 4 cell isn't bad if you can figure out the gearing or like me who didn't have gears big enough.In six cell we never needed pinions in the high thirties.With the right gearing on hand it would have been easier to keep up to you faster guys.I do have to admit that my car was so easy to control with four cells that it seemed like a whole different car.All in all we had a GREAT time in the soo and we look forward to doing four cell there again.See you guys soon.

· Registered
282 Posts
Hey Jake.I'm still here.My puter has been down for some time and i just got it back up.They do sell fresh bagels in the store you know(LOL).I suppose you were using your hobby knife to cut it too(LOL).We finally got our track layed down and we plan on starting racing next week.We dont have 198 feet like we did before.We now have a bullring like MT Pleasant.We are quite happy with it and now when we come down there we will be setup for a smaller track instead of a big one.I will post the dates for the trophy races when we get tham scheduled.As for club races,we race on thursday nites at 7.00 pm.This works out for 5 of our members who work out of town and have to travel.Trying to get to Traverse in december if it is at all possible and to MT Pleasant hopefully in january.Just bought a newer car sp i can travel more if money permits.Well,gotta run so you take care and i hope to see you all soon.OH,and get some UNFROZEN bagels.(LOL)

· Registered
282 Posts
Well what do we have here?Looks like the whole gang is on here.Hi George,Mel and Jake.We had snow for three days and then the rain came and all is gone.Been in the low 40's here.We actually have enough people this year to run ledgends.We do run them with six cell packs and any stock motor.I guess we like them fast(lol).Hope to see you all soon.Take care.

Scott(t3rc1)

· Registered
282 Posts
Yes we now have our track layed down.Our first race is tomorrow nite(thurs)at 7:00 pm.We are planning some weekend races and i will post directions and schedules as we get them.The track is quite a bit smaller than last year but space is hard to find.We now have a bull ring like MT Pleasant.The track is fun and quite fast for a smaller track.The track is in Escanaba this year behind the delta do it center.
Scott(t3rc1)

· Registered
282 Posts
Hi Jake.We are hoping to get there in january.Work is very slow right now and as a mechanic when the work isn't there i dont make money.Been making just enough to pay child support and race at home during the week.I am looking at changing my career to a machinist which i did for 9 years before i became a mechanic/engine rebuilder.Also i am waiting on some tires that i am buying from Mel.He gives me great deals on tires that are used or new,whatever he has excess of.He is such a cool person,although i must say that all the people whom i've met down state seem to be the nicest bunch of racers and people.Always willing to help and never making you feel like you are a bother.R/C needs these kind of people to help the new people out so we can keep a great hobby alive.When we figure out some dates for our weekend races i will let you all know where and when.We now have a bull ring just like you guys Jake.I'll let you know when we are going to come down there.Also,Sorry to hear about the oval racing in the Soo.Hey WIGMAN,funds have been tight for Kevin and i both,we really wanted to come up there more often but it's hard to when work is slow.Will let you all know when we run a weekend race.Hope to see you all real soon.Keep in touch guys.

Scott(t3rc1)

1 - 20 of 272 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.