Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3765 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again this year Mount Pleasant will be having monthly carpet races. For those who didn't get a chance to come down you shold try to this year. Just ask T3RC (Scott), him and his buddies had fun. Legend, Pan car (stock/mod), Buggy (mod/maybe stock?), Truck (stock/mod), Bolink Sprint cars, other classes w/ atleast three entries. As soon as I get a flyer, I will post a link to it here. I am going to try and get into the UP to race a couple of times this winter, just seems that things never work out. Where is everyone racing up there?
Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey Jake, you don't know me but you might recognize my name from about.com
We are having a trophy race on the 13th of October, we race in sault Ste. Marie , Michigan. it should be about a 220-230 foot oval. from what I hear big john zuback will be here along with keith rackner,mel letts, and maybe greg dean. also we have a couple of guys coming from wisconsin. we will be running 4-cell pancar(stock) as well as stock truck, unlimited mod.truck, touring cars. we will hopefully have a good turnout.
if you would like a flyer please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you more info.
later Joel

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Joel It will be tough making the A-main at your race this year. Looking forward to racing there again. If BJZ comes there is a good chance that Frank and Mike Ulbrick would be there. Were talking fast now with all these names.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm.....that would be fun! I do recognize your name from the old board. I stayed on top of things on that thread, didn't post much, but it really does sound you like you guys have a ball up there. Scott (T3RC1) keeps trying to get me to come up. And this year it just might happen!

Mel, Have you ever raced in Mount Pleasant? I think there is a guy who raced a black stadium truck in the mod truck class named Mel (he was darn FAST too!) Is that you?
Thanks
Jake

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Hey that would be me. I am looking to run a ten double in the truck this year. Last year I had a 19 turn Chameleon and it was pretty quick. Looking forward to racing at Mt. Pleasant again this year.

·
Registered
480 Posts
HEY MEL.Sure,stole my motor combo(lol).I think we will be running oval too because WIGMAN is keeping on me to do it.If all the people show up that are supposed to then this will be a great time.See ya then.

Scott(t3rc1)and KEEP ON RACING

·
Registered
480 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by WIGMAN:
Hey Jake, you don't know me but you might recognize my name from about.com
We are having a trophy race on the 13th of October, we race in sault Ste. Marie , Michigan. it should be about a 220-230 foot oval. from what I hear big john zuback will be here along with keith rackner,mel letts, and maybe greg dean. also we have a couple of guys coming from wisconsin. we will be running 4-cell pancar(stock) as well as stock truck, unlimited mod.truck, touring cars. we will hopefully have a good turnout.
if you would like a flyer please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you more info.
later Joel
</font>
Hey WIGMAN.You talked us into it,We are going to run the oval pans too.Got some 2000 i hope will be sufficient to last the heat.Dont expect anything fancy or fast as these are older cells but it will be a blast.See ya then.

·
Registered
480 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by rowle1jt:
Once again this year Mount Pleasant will be having monthly carpet races. For those who didn't get a chance to come down you shold try to this year. Just ask T3RC (Scott), him and his buddies had fun. Legend, Pan car (stock/mod), Buggy (mod/maybe stock?), Truck (stock/mod), Bolink Sprint cars, other classes w/ atleast three entries. As soon as I get a flyer, I will post a link to it here. I am going to try and get into the UP to race a couple of times this winter, just seems that things never work out. Where is everyone racing up there?
Thanks
Jake
</font>
Hey Jake.Whats Up?We will be there this winter for sure at least twice.We are working on a new place to put our oval this year.It will probably be in Escanaba.Try to make the soo race,it is a great time.Looks like the big names will be there so we are there for sure.I'll post when we get our track up and running so maybe you all can come up here.Take care.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey WIGMAN.You talked us into it,We are going to run the oval pans too.Got some 2000 i hope will be sufficient to last the heat.Dont expect anything fancy or fast as these are older cells but it will be a blast.See ya then.

I knew I could talk you into it!!!!!!!
Glad to here it woooooohoooooooooo
see you guys on the 7th

·
Registered
480 Posts
We'll be there even if we have to walk(lol).I am quite sure that this will be the race of races for the start of the carpet season.Really looking forward to it.See ya then.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
hey all what's up
Got my puter fixed and back online
Rob picked up his packs today so he wil be at the race on the 13th
Scott how many gas trucks are you guys getting for a race and what are the rules for it?
Also if Joel and i run the same truck what would happen if we made the same main ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Promatchracer:
hey all what's up
Got my puter fixed and back online
Rob picked up his packs today so he wil be at the race on the 13th
Scott how many gas trucks are you guys getting for a race and what are the rules for it?
Also if Joel and i run the same truck what would happen if we made the same main ?
</font>
Hi Casey.The guys from gaylord will be here and they all run gas.There should be at least 6 gas trucks there for the race.Run what you want as far as engines go.Dont go too big or you wont beable to keep it on the track.Most are running .12's but run what you want.As far as you and joel making the same main,Maybe one can steer and one can work the throttle(lol).Not sure on that one.

[This message has been edited by t3rc1 (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi Jake.Not sure about the ledgend class but if WIGMAN gets enough there to run a class he just might do it.I am going to run mod truck and pan car so i'll have my work cut out for me.Hope to see ya there.Take care.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I really would like to come. Is there a buggy class at all? I have a truck that I culd run in either stock/mod but my buddy who might come does not have a truck. He only has a XX (Kinwald) and a Legend.

Also what hotels are there up in the Soo? Rates should be decent, it is "off season" afterall.

Hmmm....maybe you should run Legend too......

Thanks!
Jake

[This message has been edited by rowle1jt (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yeah I really would like to come. Is there a buggy class at all? I have a truck that I culd run in either stock/mod but my buddy who might come does not have a truck. He only has a XX (Kinwald) and a Legend.

Also what hotels are there up in the Soo? Rates should be decent, it is "off season" afterall.

Hmmm....maybe you should run Legend too......

Thanks!
Jake

[This message has been edited by rowle1jt (edited 10-02-2001).]
</font>
if there are enough legends(4) we will run them if you want too. I won't have time to get trophies for them but for $5 entry we will run them for ribbons. also as for buggy that class has pretty much died up here. we used to have alot of them at one time but nobody runs them anymore. I may have a truck that he can run though. I will make a couple of phone calls and find out for sure. I will let you know by the end of the week.
As for motels I do believe the cheapest in town is the new MOTEL 6. 1800 4motel6 or direct the number is1-906-632-6000
you name the major chain and it is in the soo now. if you want more numbers just ask and i will find them and post them

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey WIGMAN.Just a short question,Are you still going to have the walls around the track?If we are going four cell then the speeds are slower and we wont need the walls.The only time we had breakage was clipping that wall.That is where you get chunked tires and broken frontends.Maybe just get rid of the inside one and leave the outside one.This would decrease the breakage immensley.Just a thought that Kevin and i were pondering.You ran at our track and you saw how well it works without the walls.See ya this weekend.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Motel 6 huh? Thats cool. Heres the scoop, if he comes (not sure yet) he might run my truck. I just a purchased a pan car, couple years old but I just want to have fun, the part that sucks is that I have to break my packs apart for 4 cell. Not used to 4-cell, less punch? less speed? how important is gearing?
Thanks!
Jake

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Motel 6 huh? Thats cool. Heres the scoop, if he comes (not sure yet) he might run my truck. I just a purchased a pan car, couple years old but I just want to have fun, the part that sucks is that I have to break my packs apart for 4 cell. Not used to 4-cell, less punch? less speed? how important is gearing?
Thanks!
Jake
</font>
thats cool I hope he can make it. Not sure about 4 cell gearing this will be my first 4 cell experience. they say once you run on 4 cells for a while you won't really notice the difference and the racing is actually a little closer and alittle more competetive, I guess we will see next weekend.
also do you have directions to the track?
if you need them let me know and e-mail me your adress and i will get them in the mail to you asap so you have them for next weekend.
my e-mail is [email protected]

see ya

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by t3rc1:
Hey WIGMAN.Just a short question,Are you still going to have the walls around the track?If we are going four cell then the speeds are slower and we wont need the walls.The only time we had breakage was clipping that wall.That is where you get chunked tires and broken frontends.Maybe just get rid of the inside one and leave the outside one.This would decrease the breakage immensley.Just a thought that Kevin and i were pondering.You ran at our track and you saw how well it works without the walls.See ya this weekend.

</font>
Hey scott, we will have outside boards at this race but no inside ones, this is oval only, I can't remove the outside ones due to the amount of kids and non r/c people in the area when we race, also I will be picking up an amb system on saturday and was wondering if we could try it out at your track on sunday? I also have info for you on another system, if your interested in the price (don't want to post it here) give me a call and I'll let you know, my number is posted in the "trophy race in the soo" thread. later and see ya sunday

1 - 20 of 3765 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.