Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I wanted to start a thread and discussion about what my plans are for Austintown hobby. I did recently just move the shop about a 1/8 mile east of the old store. New address is 3320 Mahoning ave. Youngstown, Ohio 44509. Yes its inside the old west side bowling alley.(The building is approx. 500ft from the corner of meridian and Mahoning, on the north side of the street. I have installed a new carpet track (approx. 36x80) , I will be installing crc fasttrack carpet as soon as it arrives. I've been in contact with crc and they are saying late October. We will have a mylaps amb score system and I will prob be using the livetime rc scoring. I'm thinking race days will be tues and thurs nights and Sunday's. I'm hearing lots of talk, guys wanting to run 1/12 and 1/10 usgt and vta classes, I'm not sure what others we will be running. Any questions feel free to ask, or call me @ Austintown hobby (330) 793-9233. I'm hearing great things about this and I'm feeling very positive. Lets have some fun carpet racing!!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello everyone, I wanted to start a thread and discussion about what my plans are for Austintown hobby. I did recently just move the shop about a 1/8 mile east of the old store. New address is 3320 Mahoning ave. Youngstown, Ohio 44509. Yes its inside the old west side bowling alley.(The building is approx. 500ft from the corner of meridian and Mahoning, on the north side of the street. I have installed a new carpet track (approx. 36x80) , I will be installing crc fasttrack carpet as soon as it arrives. I've been in contact with crc and they are saying late October. We will have a mylaps amb score system and I will prob be using the livetime rc scoring. I'm thinking race days will be tues and thurs nights and Sunday's. I'm hearing lots of talk, guys wanting to run 1/12 and 1/10 usgt and vta classes, I'm not sure what others we will be running. Any questions feel free to ask, or call me @ Austintown hobby (330) 793-9233. I'm hearing great things about this and I'm feeling very positive. Lets have some fun carpet racing!!!!!
Cool Sunday racing works for me. I have to to work a lot of Saturdays.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coming along well, still waiting on the carpet though. I don't have any updates as to when it will be arriving. Crc is still saying late October. I will post something as soon as I here different

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey everyone just wanted to let everyone know that the carpet is installed and we will start running laps in a few days. It is the brand new fasttrack II from crc, I'm thinking we will start racing dec. 6 , Classes will be determined soon, I know for sure that we will be running vta, usgt, f1, 1/12 (not sure what size motors yet), world gt-r, and the stock dromidas. we will also have a oval weekend, where we will be running mostly the hooter chassis classes, If anyone has any input fell free to jump in!!! or questions just ask. I want to have a great place to race and have a good time!!! Lets bring some good carpet racing into Youngstown.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right now I'm thinking race days will be Tuesday and Thursday evening and Sunday. Classes are still being worked on but any 3 will make a class, I know vta, usgt, f1, wgt-r, and 1/12 will be classes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts