Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few photos of the CARnival that I got uploaded to Photobucket so far. I had a blast and can't wait for next year!

The first batch here are some group shots and room setup.

This pic was taken Saturday night after we got back from dinner.

A silly shot as everybody was getting antsy to do some room to room trading.

BlackSunshine crawling on Dadscoronet.

Getting ready for some racing.

A random shot of the room.

Our one vendor that sets up. Joyce from Kidde Kar.

A shot of the dinner room. I know it looks like a dive but the food and service is great!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Topper Museum Post!

Bunker Jim has a killer collection of old Topper era Johnny Lightnings and JL products! It was awesome to see the setup in his room! Here are a few pics. NOTE: You may was to have a drool rag ready!

Pic one. Jim himself!

Some mint carded Toppers.

Some loose Toppers.

A cool framed photo signed by Al Unser.

An a bunch of STUFF!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some Stupid Squirrel Customs.

I got a bunch of pics of some Stupid Squirrel customs that I need to crop and upload but here are a couple of my favorite. I bought this 2 truck set from him and I got him to sign it. :)

And I was really digging these VWs that he did!

These were the few that stood out to me but there were a lot of other sweet looking ones that I will post later. :wave:

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Banger Racing pics

We had some really cool races on the Banger Track this year. We were not going to have a trophey race this year on the Banger Track but Dave Antonelli and Bill Hicks built an awesome Banger Trophey and topped it with some cool Banger Cuastoms that were winners of Swifty's customs contests at the Garage so we threw together a 2 bracket tournament with the top two cars from each bracket battling it out for the top prize. The finals were very fun to watch and there were two very cool finishes. The first cool finish came down to the distance of a bumper! Our rules on the banger track is the winner is the first one to clear the finish line or the vehicle that makes it the farthest. In this race it was decided by who got the farthest. (I drew the yellow line in to show how close the finish was)

The next finish that was exciting to watch was when a Boogie Van got spn out near the end of the race and the other 3 cars pushed it unil they all got wedged in.

John, aka Stupid Squirrel, ended up winning with his red, white and blue Boogie Van. Here is a photo of Swifty presenting him with the sweet custom made Banger trophey.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Let's see if I can recall everybody by their screen names here..
Left to right....

Penny (BangerKid's mom - not a posting member)
Stupid Squirrels
Bangerkid45
Larry (not a posting member)
DCPDGUY
Swifty
DragnetSupporter
Roadwarrior
Bray
Black Sunshine
WLPaul
DaveAnto
Brett
DadsCoronet
Ricky2400
Stewie (not sure if he is a posting member)
ECChopper
CenterShock
Dadsvball
NYSWLHUNTER
Rattlehead
BunkerJim
Shakn340
99buickgsx (I am pretty sure - he showed up later in the day)
No Cars on Mars

:wave:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I always take my camera to these events with the intent of taking LOTS of pics. It NEVER happens. I get so caught up in the goings on that I forget to take the pics even when the camera is hanging around my neck. I always come home with about a dozen pictures, about half of which are usable. So here are my 6 pics:
Dad's Coronet(Mark)

Tables of goodies, and L to R Shak'n340(Mark),DaveAnto(Dave), and Roadwarrior(Brad)

Random room pic with nobody looking(wtg rattle)

Swifty and stupidsquirrels(John) at the banger track.

My room, which is great because for some reason it always becomes the late night party zone. We were LOUD Saturday night!
L to R, Bray(Rick),NYSWLhunter(Pierre), and WLPaul(Paul)

Same pic, different angle.

That's all I got, as usual, I suck!:wave:

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
rattleheds room was the place to be. We were watching beavis and butthead. Great to meet wlpaul and some new people. I have no pics to offer..

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Got a few I'd like to share with you...

Breakfast of Champions

J/K, that was lunch)

Stupid Squirrels PIPS

(the El Camino with the sold tag went home with me.

Dave Anto

(He'll hate me for posting that picture)

Customs Contest

tooting my own horn...

(thanks to everyone that voted. And I had to take him home. The folks in Radiator Springs would have missed him)

Seen on the ride in

Few more pix in my bucket...
http://s5.photobucket.com/home/ECchopper/allalbums

1 - 20 of 95 Posts