Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my pressure washer yesterday for the first time this year. It cranked with no problem but it will not run with the choke completely off.
It will idle with the choke off but if I try to raise the rpm's I have to set the choke to about 1/3 closed and with it choked that much it doesn't want to run wide open. It has a Honda engine. Any advice as to what to do to the carburetor is appreciated or if there might be another problem to look for please tell me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
might get lucky and just clean out old fuel and clean carb and she will run. not sure which honda you have but some honda carbs are almost as inexpensive as the kit. I mean within just a few dollars.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
might get lucky and just clean out old fuel and clean carb and she will run. not sure which honda you have but some honda carbs are almost as inexpensive as the kit. I mean within just a few dollars.
Many Honda carburetors Particularly for the GC series engines ARE cheaper then then kit! I recently worked on an engine where the replacement carburetor was $17.00 and the float needle for the carburetor was $19.00....go figure...:drunk:

·
Registered
173 Posts
if the cleaning of the carb doesn't work, get fresh gas, the ethonal sucks up water quick. heard people say the gas is two weeks old and when fresh gas is poured in its starts no problem. been running into this problem more than anything this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts