Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New here and I have what is probably a common question. I just picked up a Snapper 5hp one stage snowblower with a Tecumseh HSK850 2 cycle engine. The snowblower was sold to me as "not working". I took the top cover off and squirted a bit of my "lawnboy" gas into the carb and it started right up (for about 3 seconds). I'm guessing if it's not starting during a normal startup procedure, but starting fine when I "prime" the carb it needs a rebuild / cleaning. How do I do this? Just rip everything apart and soak the parts in carb cleaner? Thanks in advance. Does anybody have the service manual for the HSK engine?

Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
You may be able to get away with just cleaning the carb with carb cleaner. Make sure all the passages are clean by using the little wire in a twist tie and shoot the carb cleaner through the ports.
CAUTION…be careful with the carb cleaner because it can and will shoot back at your face and it burns bad.

·
Registered
750 Posts
yes, heed as bobo says, keep away from it , a can of carb cleaer and compressed air . shoot through EVERY HOLE, even up the pickup tubes, and clean it out wih compressed air. or you can dip the whole carb into a pot of bath-type carb cleaner and see what happens. either way good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information guys. I'll have to pull the carb apart once the weather in PA warms up a bit and isn't quite so wet.

Thanks again.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts