Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hav briggs 3 hp 80202 engine works, but takes like 12 tries to start, and it takes 15 if u dont use carb cleaner... any suggestions? tank looks clean.. dunno about rest

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the prob.. dunno where diaphram is... =( srrry, could use some help.. and tank gasket.. is that what speparates the tank from carb? thanks i fould intake gasket...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can i just take it out or something? or do i have to remove somehting b4 taking it out.. and i noticed the longer fuel pickup tube is SUPER DIRTY.. the screen that is.. can itake it off? its like either stuck on or something else

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well... the diaphram was good, clean, black (in color), and flimsy... i then looked for the tank gasket... LOL the thing was STUCK to the carb, i got half of it off from the carb, then it started ripping.... soi put it hack and then i just put it all together... i the couldnt start it... so i put some carb cleaner.. it ran.. really rough... then died... sprayed more into it.. ran, i altered the air/gas mixture.. almost no difference, then i increased the idle, worked.. halfly... it was stilling running kinda rough... in the grass too.. it was shaking, and stuff... sprayed some carb cleaner in it and it ran fine... any suggestions why this was like dis?

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you can spray carb cleaner in carb and if runs fine then you have a fuel delivery problem. Carb needs to be disassembled, cleaned and rebuild kit installed. Did you clean out the gas tank. Has it got any rust,or gunk in it, that could have got sucked up in carb.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tank looks pretty clean and the carb looks fine.. its a WEIRD carb.. doesnt have the place where you can bolt the air cleaner on >=( so it might have sucked in who knows what.... it runs still, just off of carb cleaner at first, then it sucks in gas good... the tank diaphram is shot for sure... its gray and it looks like its rotting or something.. replace?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts