Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has an adjustable carb which worked on a previous motor but it will run for a few minutes then bogg real bad and not start again but wat is weird is a diff carb worked on the motor but broke but this 1 wont

·
Registered
98 Posts
79t/a
If I remember correctly fro one of your earlier posts, this carb is from a smaller hp engine than what it is going on? So the first thing I'd look for is if the throat of the carb (venturi) is the same size as your original one. There is a possibility that some of the internal orifices are smaller thus starving your engine of the fuel it requires. If you've adjusted the high speed the way it should be and you still get the starving problem then check to make sure that the carb is almost as identical as the original one.
Just compare the previous carb to the one you have now. I don't think that the governor adjustment would matter if the throttle linkage plate is the same as the previous one but just to be sure, it wouldn't hurt to readjust the governor.

snoman

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the same exact carb as the original but i figured out it is the valves because it started acting up with the smnaller carb as well as the original

1 - 3 of 3 Posts