Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't got it yet so I have not seen the base. The eBay seller said it was a 90s hot wheels. I looked at the McDonald's cars on Fandom hot wheels wiki site. It wasn't there. Perhaps I'll go thru the 90s and see if it's there.

·
Super Moderator
24,599 Posts
Looks like it says Speed Demon (or Speed Demon II (?)) on the front end but I havent been able to match it to any casting I am familiar with either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't find a photo. Not a McDonald's. Seller said 90s hot wheels. I've spent hours in Google images. Next is hot wheels wiki on Fandom. Car should be here Thursday. Hopefully the bottom provides clues.

·
Super Moderator
24,599 Posts
DUH! I should have recognized it sooner as the Buick Wildcat. The image is at an odd angle to me and seems like it has a flatter roof line. Yours is from the 2003 Track Aces segment series. (y)

At one of our early club gravity racing events - one of our lady club members raced a 2000 Mainline/Track Twister 5 pack version and it cleaned up the event by several car lengths and two more events later on. I tried to buy or trader her for it for a long time but she would not give it up.

Her husband had used graphite dust from a a #2 pencil on the axles I found out later!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Booyah! I found it.
HW 2003 Track Aces Buick Wildcat

·
Super Moderator
24,599 Posts
I went back and added my race experience with it. Unfortunately, like many other great racing castings I chased - none of them where even good downhill racers so far. ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I opened my track today. Unfortunately that 33 Ford couldn't smoke salmon. The fastest on my track so far is the car that comes with the HW 15 ft of straight track.
I'm saving my I know are fast cars for last. I had fun just running the junk cars.

·
Super Moderator
24,599 Posts
Is that the triangle shaped box with the green track?

Well the 33 Ford still looks great.

Did you come up with a name for your track?

My 2 lane drag track set is still called Smittsburg International Dragway after the original builder.

My HWs 6 lane is named Denton Dragway after our local 1/8 mile track.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This is the track builder I used. Doesn't same the name of the car so since I bought 2 boxes, I named the cars Thing One and Thing Two. Thing One is my fastest of 8 cars after Day One. I still have over 40+ cars to test. I'm saving the best cars for last. Since I set up on the porch it's weather permitting but I haven't crawled around so much in years today be race free. ? I tried not to laugh as I wrote that.
As for a name Kentucky River Raceway. My team name is still up for debate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts