Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Those car culture track day cars are all awesome. I will be on the hunt for these. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'll probably be after all 5, with an extra Chevelle or two for wheel donors.

Unfortunately that 964 doesn't look like it will make a good basis for Blackbird, which is a little disappointing. At least the 934 and 993 castings can probably be worked into a decent representation of it. I won't complain too much, since a few years ago HW only had one decent representation of a classic 911.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
The 935 and Bluebird 510 are sensible choices for the theme, but another 5-piece collection with two Porsches, right after a previous set with two Porsches? Mattel doesn't seem to be putting a lot of thought into this, when they could offer a wider variety. The fantasy bodykit Chevelle and 'tooned dragster Ghia seem out of place.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm all for more Porsches...... The 964 is another magnus walker....its really very nice.......I think the entire set is great.....

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
It's fine to be all for more Porsches, that's what the make specific Porsche series was for.
But objectively more than one Porsche in a five car set representing "track day" is lousy product planning.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somehow people got ahold of the Datsun already.... There are collectors paying 50 bucks for it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts