Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our last race for the Washington State Quarter Scale Association (WSQSA) at the Northwest RC Speedway in Pasco, Wa had the largest car count I have seen since I started racing 2 years ago. We had 10 Sportsman and 9 GN cars. We did not have a Sprint Race that night due to some new cars being built, but there will be 6 cars when everyone gets set up. The track has a new race building/drivers stand which allows for tons of indoor pit spaces. We have been trying to attract more racers and have had some success. I just want to see what type of numbers some of the other track around the country are getting for local events. I have attached a couple pics of the new race building and track.
Property Commercial building Transport Architecture Building Property Wall Architecture Facade Building Race track Road Sport venue Asphalt Lane Sport venue Asphalt Grass Race track Line Road Race track Asphalt Lane Sport venue

·
Registered
127 Posts
Average car counts at Ingalls, Indiana:

9 Sportsman
5 Sprint Car
4 Busch (1st year drivers)
3 Trucks

:thumbsup:

Your track looks awesome! Good luck getting new members. Contact your local TV station. They love to do community info segments. I've been involved with 2 different TV things. It's great fun and it attracts LOTS of people. Have hot dogs & drinks ready after they air the segment so the club can make $$$ from concessions. I hope this helps.

Scott - CAT 5 Mfg.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We need to paint the back side of the windows so when we have them open its looks all pro like.:dude:

Shawn the sportsman had like 12 cars the first year we raced and the trucks had 3 so i think were doing pretty well too.
JR will be back this weekend and i have a guy that wants a car and come race but he needs to change his work hours or hes stuck working on the weekends.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Awesome drivers stand up there guys! Look forward to making it up there again to try it out. Loved the track when we were there last year, very different than any other track thats for sure! :thumbsup: Any plans for another NCS race up there in the future?

As far as our Qsac-West points series we run at 3 tracks 3 different times throughout the year. We have made it through 7 of the 9 so far this year and our counts have definitley been lower than the past but not to shabby considering the economy and all... counts are as follows:

GN - 9 11 7 7 6 5 5

Truck - 4 4 6 4 5 5 5

Open Wheel - 6 4 5 3 6 5 9

Novice -2 1 x 1 1 x 3

Sportsman - 7 8 9 8 9 9 9

Our lowest count for a race weekend was 23 and our highest was 31 which was our last race in Boulder 2 weeks ago... So things are lookin up for the future!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Car count

These are the 5 classes we run at LQSS dirt track in Sydney Australia. Our car count varies between 12 and 19 cars each class a meeting, except the sedans, that are around 4.

Photo Sharyn Mckenzie

·
Registered
726 Posts
Here at Freddies in Ohio I think we get about 15 to 20 on any given week. The big races bring in a much better crowd. We usually have just sportsman for the weekly shows.

That track looks great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts