Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to the Matchbox page, but I wanted to post these. I got my first one on eBay (the green and orange one) as a way to display my Hot Wheels "Vairy-8" Corvairs. I had one like it as a kid and thought they were so cool that I decided to branch out and get the other ones Matchbox made over the years. Then a few years ago I was helping my newly retired parents clean out the house I grew up in so they could sell it and came up with the one I had back in the 70's, so now I have two of them! I was a little disappointed that the really old blue one was too small to put much of anything that I have on.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yeah Jim, now you're gonna have to find some real early ones that are typically small enough to fit it.

Good to see you down here in the MB threads!

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Great looking haulers Jim! Cool that you can claim one of them is from your childhood.

You're a fan of the Vairy-8? Of course, me too. The purple Devilish Delaina, is that some blue wheel variation or is it just the camera?

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Typical that Matchbox has to carry Hot Wheels again! :dude:
I just KNEW someone would say something about that! :p The whole point was for it to be a creative way to show off my 1:64-ish Corvairs. If Matchbox would just make some, I'd gladly display them on one of these! Once I get more Matchboxes, the HW Camaros will come off the big guy and be replaced by them.

I would not be to disappointed in the older blue one. It would look great displayed with some of the period cars on it .
Yeah Jim, now you're gonna have to find some real early ones that are typically small enough to fit it.

Good to see you down here in the MB threads!
Oh, I'm not disappointed in the truck itself, and when I can find decent examples of the earliest Matchbox offerings in my price range, I plan to load it up with some of 'em!

Great looking haulers Jim! Cool that you can claim one of them is from your childhood.

You're a fan of the Vairy-8? Of course, me too. The purple Devilish Delaina, is that some blue wheel variation or is it just the camera?
Yeah, they are blueish. Oddly, most of the violet "Devilish Delaina" cars I have have that variation! It seems like only the earliest ones had chrome wheels. This is my favorite color scheme of the regular issue Vairy-8's. I also like the silver "Ralph's Ride" (the first release) and the three different flat finish #8 cars - Olive Drab, Blue, and Black - but the maroon "The Fuzz" version pretty much leaves me cold. Time to break out the acetone and get rid of some tampos! Now enough about Hot Wheels; This is the MATCHBOX thread, for crying out loud!

(But I plan to post the car carrier/Vairy-8 photo in the Hot Wheels thread too - I'll probably hear it about daring to post a Matrchbox on THAT thread! :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Yeah, they are blueish. Oddly, most of the violet "Devilish Delaina" cars I have have that variation! It seems like only the earliest ones had chrome wheels. This is my favorite color scheme of the regular issue Vairy-8's.
Pardon the Hot Wheels talk in the MB forum ;), but I found your bluish wheel Vairy-8 an interesting "vairiation". The wheels on mine are more violet. There was also a version with black wheels made, but I've never heard or seen of a chrome wheel "vairiant".

Have you seen the latest Vairy-8 from the Boulevard series? Premium paint with Real Riders, "vairy" much a knockout. :lol:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you seen the latest Vairy-8 from the Boulevard series? Premium paint with Real Riders, "vairy" much a knockout. :lol:
Yep, it sure IS a beauty! I picked it up a week ago and just haven't had the chance to photograph it yet. I need to find another one so I can take one out of the package and keep one as-is.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I need to look for the blue & gray one to fill out my collection! That will give me capacity for 18 different 1:64 Corvairs, and that's about what I have... so far!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts