Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say they have been around since 1999, I have never seen anyhting they have graded

www.diecastgrading.com

Here's their criteria:

Car

10 - Gem Mint: Car is virtually free of any physical defects, slightest tarnished base or engine is a possible allowance. Chrome on wheels is perfect.

9.5 - Mint: Appears to exhibit all attributes of Gem Mint. Upon close inspection may exhibit extreme minor imperfections. Any flaw is barely noticeable, pin chip, extreme slight tone or paint variation. Chrome on wheels nearly perfect.

9.0 - NM/Mint: The car appears mint at first glance. Upon close inspection shows slight imperfections, very minor limited chips. Slightly crooked tampos, a near perfect item. Slight chrome loss on wheels.

8.5 - NM: Slight wear is visible on close inspection. Decals, small light scratches, light toning, wheels show light wear, toning, tires slight bend, etc.

8.0 - EX/MT: Car has visible surface wear or small defects which do not affect overall appeal. Toning can be noticeable. This grade still a nice higher end rating.

7.0 - EX: Surface wear or defects more visible. Played with but not abused. Very noticeable toning, worn wheels, chipping, etc.

6.0 - VG/EX: Exhibits some of the better characteristics of EX, but not enough to earn the grade.

5.0 - VG: Defects evident. More than light chipping. Noticeable scratches and scuffs. Middle of the road grade.

4.0 - GD/VG: Heavy chipping, major defects, cracked tires or windows. Some deem filler grade.

3.0 - GD: Extreme wear, at least 1/2 the paint still exists. Abused condition.

2.0 - Fair: Extreme wear, scuffing, scratches, pitting. Little to no paint, a bit above poor.

1.0 - Poor: Extreme wear, scuffing scratches, pitting, missing parts, basically car exists. You name a flaw and it falls into this rating.

Package

10 - Gem Mint: Mint clear blister, crack and dent free, affixed solid. Crease free, straight, gem mint. Card or box as close to perfect as you will find.

9.5 - Mint: Appears gem mint upon first inspection, but may show slightest curl or extreme minor corner/edge wear. Extremely minor. Bright color or gloss present. No cracks or creases.

9.0 - NM/MT: Slight imperfection, minor dent blister or box. Slightest curl of package. Hair line wrinkle or very small crease.

8.5 - NM: Slight wear is visible to box package or blister. No cracks or rips, crease small and doesn't stand out.

8.0 - EX/MT: Small, barely noticeable crack or tear, slight edge wear. Overall appeal nice. Creasing again may be noticeable but still maintains this nice rating.

7.0 - EX: Blister and package handled, small but noticeable crack. Dented box. Still a nice eye pleasing piece.

6.0 - VG/EX: Condition: light creasing problems but not abused. Not quite EX.

5.0 - VG: Defects very evident. Creasing heavy, cracked blister, abused some.

4.0 - GD/VG: Pack and box very damaged. Below middle of the road.

3.0 - GD: Extreme wear, writing, torn, missing paper, cut card, etc.

2.0 - Fair: One step up but not very impressive.

1.0 - Poor: Cut card, blister and car in worst possible condition. Probably best to remove.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
What I want is the industry to move towards this. Yeah like baseball cards did. Gem mint with the grading on a label with the car entombed in Lucite with a guy on channel 4 hocking them off in time limits so I act NOW! I want to pay for this fee as well and give full control of this service to one entity so they can make heaps of money. I want my certificate of authenticity and a holographic label somewhere. I want this to increase the price of die-cast from 2.50 to 9.95 and make any hopes of children buying cars a lost memory........and I want it NOW!

NOT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts