Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to chiller this weekend and I would like to know if there are any good captain america kits I can look for? Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Mojo Resin has one of Cap leaping over a wall, surprising two WWII German soldiers (1/8 scale). There's also one from the same people as the Neal Adams Green Lantern (the one WITH the lantern) where Cap is bent over and has a parachute on his back.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Not to turn this into another wishlist, but would anyone else like to see a series of kits based on the Avengers? I'd love to have kits of Giant-Man, The Scarlet Witch(!), etc., to go with the CA kit coming from PL.

Larry

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
While I'm not a fan of the Toy Biz kits in general, their Captain America kit is awesome. Dynamic pose, great base, etc.

It's a tough one to assemble, but I recently saw a superb builtup and it puts all the others to shame. Definitely worth the effort.

Oh yeah.....some Avengers kits would be terrific. Let's just go waaay out on the proverbial limb here and propose a dream kit. I'll test my memory, but I believe it's Annual #2 with that awesome cover featuring the Avengers preparing to clash with some super villain team. One of my all time favorite covers from the comic collecting days.

Now, if that were to be a kit, it might take about 30 pounds of styrene or 150 pounds of resin. C'mon...we'd buy it!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Avengers Update

Well, since some have spoke of a fondness towards the AVENGERS and specifically mentioned Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Cap & Giant Man I feel an update on them is warrented.

As of next week (11/3/04) the AVENGERS is gone. The book and team has been "disassembled" in a four part story that has ------------- SPOILERS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ the AVENGERS being wiped out by reliving bad moments from their history. Ant-man (scott) is killed by a previously dead AVENGER, VISION flys a Quinjet into the mansion, & births many baby ULTRONS before he's ripped into shreads by she-hulk, he's deceased. Ironman leaves the team due to acting drunk (magically?) WASP falls into a coma during the fracass, and note after just having an affair with HAwkeye & Hank finding out, HANK as Yellowjacket is pretty much useless in this story but stays by jans side. During an all-hands call to every AVENGER past & present the assembled group is attacked by the Kree, where Hawkeye gives up his life by blowing himself up in a Kree warship, another AVENGER gone. THORs not here after meeting his final end in his book, via RAGANOCK (sp?), the THOR comic book in now canceled (but I'm sure THOR will return no doubt some day, maybe a tad different though).

So, back to the AVENGERS... who's the baddy that's been orchastrating all of this evil & death upon the AVENGERS? Well, in the final AVENGERS issue this Wednesday it's gonna turn out to be the Scarlet Witch. Her use of her witch-like hex power has over time warped her, and reality too. For complete reasons yet to be revealed, SW & possibly her bro Quicksilver have decimated the AVENGERS. And the team as we have known it is now gone.

Never fear though, the "NEW AVENGERS" comic launches in December with a #1 on it's cover and an all brand new team. The team roster is: Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Spider-woman (you heard me), Power Man aka Luke Cage, Sentry and some yet unannounced surprise member.

So, for awhile anyway, say goodbye to your fathers AVENGERS (mine too). :(

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
F91 said:
Actually, the Spiderman on the wall, the Rhino and the CA kit are really nice sculpts.
You're right about the Rhino kit F91. Love both poses.

That ones been on my bench for a while now, I really should get it finished. I'd say it's about 75% complete.

RK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts