Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Sounds like that darn witness protection program again.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not paranoia...

I just hate creating new accounts for every 1 time purchase I make on the web. For each such account you need an account name and password which then needs to be stored somewhere so you have it for next time. That means you either use 1 password and account web wide, which is completely insecure, or you have various ones, which mean you write them down or log them on your computer, which isn't all that secure either. Aside from that, it's completely pointless and unnecessary. Other sites I order from allow you to create an account or just fill out the form and purchase. That's just good business.

Squadrons website has serious problems. If they want to encourage people to buy from them they should allow them the window shop by listing contents rather than requiring that potential buyers psychiclly intuit what they might have to sell and search for it. That's just good business too.

I hope maybe CultTVman stocks these. I like doing business with him. He's fast, professional, and has a website I can surf for hour after wasted hour :D

·
Oxidation Genius
31,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Squadron sends out a print newsletter with pictures and details of several hundred items each month. It's a $5 a year subscription. They also have a phone-ordering which predates the internet - they've been around forever. If you don't see the mercury online when it comes out, call Squadron and order over the phone. I've been dealing with them for well over a decade (at least one order a month since the net made it so easy), and I've never had a single problem with them. In fact, they've occasionally called ME to clear up accidental double-orders or credit card number mistakes. It's a great company. Unless you're my wife - she wishes they'd go away so our credit card bill would be smaller :).

As for window shopping on the site, they have pull-down menus in the search function, by category, by scale, and/or by manufacturer. Sure it helps to be looking for something in particular, but if you want to browse thru 1/48 scale aircraft models, you can. If you want to look thru hasegawa's catalog, you can. Just looking for paint, you can....

·
Registered
997 Posts
CaptCBoard said:
This kit will go into every hobby shop in the country and Canada-- where ever MRC normally shows up. You guys just need to bug your shop owners to order them!

Scott
When could we expect this beauty to be shipped to our favorite hobby shop? October? Also when could we expect to be able to grab a Moonbus (just a rough idea)?

Steph

·
Registered
396 Posts
Late October at the earliest.

The delivery date for the Moonbus is one of those things people should just stop asking about- and they do ask quite a bit. Just know that when you hear me say I'm moving forward with the Moonbus, the date for its availability has gotten much closer. And for that to happen, money has to come in from the Mercury capsule, or some impatient soul needs to loan me $50K to get it done sooner!

Scott
[email protected]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Actually, this thread is very appropriate here. Don't you know that the whole space program was faked. Not only did they never really land on the moon, they faked all the orbital and suborbital stuff as well...just don't tell anyone...it's a big secret ! The only guy who knows the truth used to work at Rocketdyne and had top secret clearance ! ;)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
So what was that about the moonbus again? Is it going to get released??? Early next year?

KIDDING!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Beautiful kit!!! Is it only going to be Friendship 7 or will other decals be available? Growing up, my favorite astronaut was Wally Schirra in Sigma 7.

·
Registered
997 Posts
MitchPD3 said:
Beautiful kit!!! Is it only going to be Friendship 7 or will other decals be available? Growing up, my favorite astronaut was Wally Schirra in Sigma 7.
Schirra was a very explosive astronaut. Remember on his last flight when he had an argument with the ground about putting his helmet for the decent. His nose was dripping (because of a cold) so putting his helmet on was not helping his little problem. That incident was the cherry on top of the sundae. He never went up again. Plus during the time they were crusing around Earth, they had to do several experiences that were making them mad. Per what I learned, that flight was pure hell. Me my favorite is Shepard. Another one with a bad temper. But darn these 7 guys (Slayton, Glenn, Grissom, Cooper,Schirra, Shepard, Carpenter) were heros. Can't wait to put my hand on this kit.

Steph

·
Oxidation Genius
31,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Nifty!
Yup, detailed color painting instructions are a must!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
MitchPD3 said:
According to the site (Squadron), all flight markings will be included.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
At one time Scott had the decal sheet posted at the Atomic City BB. Don't know if it's still up but the decals for all seven capsules were on there. In fact there is a second decal sheet with the kit for the retro pack markings.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts