·
Oxidation Genius
31,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
terryr said:
Mercury? What TV show was that from?
CBS News, 1961. :p

Space is space in my book.
Where would sci fi modeling be if the space program hadn't sparked all those 5-year-old imaginations in 1961?

Besides, Scott normally produces sci fi models. This is his first RealSpace kit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Look at it this way, if we promote this kit, the captain prospers and the Moonbus project takes one step closer to being a reality. If that's not good enough then I propose taking the thread in this direction..... ahem... cough....My, wouldn't that kit make a good source of parts for all sorts of science fiction models....cough....? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey, you guys ought to listen to ol' DX... He's right about getting the Moonbus going!

Scott

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Sci-fi or not I've been anxiously awaiting this kit. It's been a long road but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. I should mention that it's been a long road because Scott wanted to get it right. Don't have a problem with that. I would rather wait for an accuarate kit instead of one that's been rushed into production.
For those too young to remember this is where the real pioneering of space began. I watched all those Mercury and Geminii missions when I was a kid. Yes, the networks actually used to cover space missions back in those days. That was during the time when our space program actually had a goal.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The filming miniature for the Moonbus was just over 30 inches and it was 1/12 scale. Just how much are you looking to pay for a Moonbus??!!

The styrene kit will be 1/32 scale, or about 13 inches-- which is bigger than the Aurora kit.

Scott

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm thrilled to hear you've got this kit out there, Scott. I suspect it's going to do quite well. Looking forward to it myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So many kits.....so little time......:rolleyes:

My job is really starting to interfere with my hobbies!

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT KIT!!!! :thumbsup:

..........and its about time ....well worth the wait!

Thanks for the update!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only problem is with my display shelves only have 12" of vertical spacing.

Hmmmm....maybe I'll scracthbuild a 1/12 Redstone booster and make it into a totem pole in the yard....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sadly, Squadron seems to require one create an account before one can order (which I avoid doing needlessly for security reasons). Will this kit be generally available since it's in a distribution channel?

[I also can't find a way to view anything else but the kit in Squadrons website...ick]

·
Registered
396 Posts
This kit will go into every hobby shop in the country and Canada-- where ever MRC normally shows up. You guys just need to bug your shop owners to order them!

Scott

·
Oxidation Genius
31,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Otto69 said:
Sadly, Squadron seems to require one create an account before one can order (which I avoid doing needlessly for security reasons). Will this kit be generally available since it's in a distribution channel?

[I also can't find a way to view anything else but the kit in Squadrons website...ick]
Just go to the main site - www.squadron.com . You can hit "what's new" or do a search and see whatever you want.

Squadron's account only requires name, email and mailing address. You input your credit card number anew with each purchase; they don't keep it on file. I don't know how you ever expect to order anything online if you're gonna be paranoid about name and address.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.