·
Oxidation Genius
31,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
terryr said:
Mercury? What TV show was that from?
CBS News, 1961. :p

Space is space in my book.
Where would sci fi modeling be if the space program hadn't sparked all those 5-year-old imaginations in 1961?

Besides, Scott normally produces sci fi models. This is his first RealSpace kit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Look at it this way, if we promote this kit, the captain prospers and the Moonbus project takes one step closer to being a reality. If that's not good enough then I propose taking the thread in this direction..... ahem... cough....My, wouldn't that kit make a good source of parts for all sorts of science fiction models....cough....? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey, you guys ought to listen to ol' DX... He's right about getting the Moonbus going!

Scott

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
No, those were the escape pods from Robinson Crusoe On Mars.

or,

Where's the laser blasters on those things?

or,

Real Life Spacecraft? Are you trying to say the others are fake?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sci-fi or not I've been anxiously awaiting this kit. It's been a long road but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. I should mention that it's been a long road because Scott wanted to get it right. Don't have a problem with that. I would rather wait for an accuarate kit instead of one that's been rushed into production.
For those too young to remember this is where the real pioneering of space began. I watched all those Mercury and Geminii missions when I was a kid. Yes, the networks actually used to cover space missions back in those days. That was during the time when our space program actually had a goal.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
CaptCBoard said:
Hey, you guys ought to listen to ol' DX... He's right about getting the Moonbus going!

Scott
Hey Scott,

Please make it BIG! Somewhere in the 30 inch long scale.

Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
The filming miniature for the Moonbus was just over 30 inches and it was 1/12 scale. Just how much are you looking to pay for a Moonbus??!!

The styrene kit will be 1/32 scale, or about 13 inches-- which is bigger than the Aurora kit.

Scott

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm thrilled to hear you've got this kit out there, Scott. I suspect it's going to do quite well. Looking forward to it myself.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
So many kits.....so little time......:rolleyes:

My job is really starting to interfere with my hobbies!

THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT KIT!!!! :thumbsup:

..........and its about time ....well worth the wait!

Thanks for the update!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only problem is with my display shelves only have 12" of vertical spacing.

Hmmmm....maybe I'll scracthbuild a 1/12 Redstone booster and make it into a totem pole in the yard....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can't wait to get mine in October. (Yes, I pre-ordered a year ago!) This is going to put that old Revell/1964 kit to shame!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sadly, Squadron seems to require one create an account before one can order (which I avoid doing needlessly for security reasons). Will this kit be generally available since it's in a distribution channel?

[I also can't find a way to view anything else but the kit in Squadrons website...ick]

·
Registered
396 Posts
This kit will go into every hobby shop in the country and Canada-- where ever MRC normally shows up. You guys just need to bug your shop owners to order them!

Scott

·
Oxidation Genius
31,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Otto69 said:
Sadly, Squadron seems to require one create an account before one can order (which I avoid doing needlessly for security reasons). Will this kit be generally available since it's in a distribution channel?

[I also can't find a way to view anything else but the kit in Squadrons website...ick]
Just go to the main site - www.squadron.com . You can hit "what's new" or do a search and see whatever you want.

Squadron's account only requires name, email and mailing address. You input your credit card number anew with each purchase; they don't keep it on file. I don't know how you ever expect to order anything online if you're gonna be paranoid about name and address.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts