Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
WOW! I was never willing to pay big bucks for an original but I'll happily take a repop. Looks like Moebius knows what it's doing.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
This is one of those OBVIOUS ones that Polar Lights could have and should have done back in the day. I'm glad that it's finally going to come about. I'll definitely get one ( or more ) of these!

Incidentally, this is a much bigger figure than Aurora usually put out. Not the traditional 1/8 scale. Probably more of a 1/6.

- GJS

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I don't want to sound like a Johnny-come-lately Moron but is Moebius really on the level? I've been away from the boards for a few months due to the long-term illness and recent death of my mother so I've been out of touch.
Then I'm flipping through and finding out about this new company. Apparently founded (and likely funded) by Frank at D&H, Moebius is releasing kits we would have thought a Pipe-dream a year ago. Dr. Jeckyll as Mr. Hyde? Rommel's Rod? and Now Captain Action? My thinking is if something's too good to be true it likely IS.
And I would think the board would be flooded with wishlists and kit requests.

I'm not trying to be suspicious, but I know some of us here are good for a practicle joke or two...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was emailed back with these comments. Available for 30 - 35.00. Only 4000 made for anniversary sale. Available only through Moebious (?) Models and the Captain Action website. Due June - July (?). :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
This is great news!! We need to get more information to order these kits. Come on Moebious, help us give you our money.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Ravenauthor said:
The original was in 1/6? I'll definitely have to get one of these.
I finally got around to looking this up in Bill Bruegman's AURORA History and Price Guide and it is listed as 1/6 scale.

Besides, I had at least one of these when I was a kid and I remember it being a lot bigger than my Batman and Superman ( and all of my Monsters ) models.

- GJS

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I've always loved your build-up restoration of Captain Action, Cappy!

I'm glad you posted the link 'cause I was looking for it earlier and couldn't locate it.

- GJS

·
Registered
404 Posts
"I don't want to sound like a Johnny-come-lately Moron but is Moebius really on the level?"

Amen BROTHER, Amen! I still remember the shockwaves of the BG shuttle hoax.

As I've said hundreds of times, I'll believe it when I hold it in my hands, tear off the shrinkwrap and see the stryene for myself!

Sorry. but the past year has made me QUITE the cynic!

Scottie

·
2,690 Posts
Scottie,
That's the best way to be in this kind of situation. Nothing is written in stone until you hold it in your hands.
That being said, this is about as legit as you can get - I've spoken with Frank and others involved and based on my past experience with Frank, I believe that these kits will be released. Now - bring on the styrene goodness!
Anthony

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Never had one of the originals, so I'm looking forward to this one!! Ain't it great to have some kits (HOPEFULLY!!) to look forward to again?

Wayne

1 - 20 of 38 Posts