Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Share a room? Good question. Probably not, as those two never even kissed thru the whole show. In fact, I don't think they ever showed where Don actually bunked. He'd just appear with a robe on!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Cappy D said:
Share a room? Good question. Probably not, as those two never even kissed thru the whole show. In fact, I don't think they ever showed where Don actually bunked. He'd just appear with a robe on!
Don and Judy did kiss! In bothe the unaired pilot and the episode "The Hungry Sea".

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Cappy: Enjoyed your web page very much, also the designs of the J-2 were very interesting to look over. When I considered doing my J-2 project, and worked up my drawings for the interior layout I also considered changing the size of the interior rooms to give the lower level more head room. But when I did a side view drawing I saw just as your running into now, that if you change the height of the interiors it throws off the alignment with the upper and lower viewports. But I do like what your building, keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heiki-

Don and Judy did kiss? Well, how 'bout that! Looks like I'll have to go back and view those episodes!

- Cappy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes I wonder if I have the time myself! This project is going to take a loooong time....

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Holy Ta-moly!!! What great work! I picked up a J2 on that eVil auction site, but, after seeing your work, I'm almost sorry I did!! There is NO WAY I'm gonna be able to do anything close to what I've seen some of you guys doing! I'd almost be better off just saying "Well, I wanted to do a really fantastic build on it but I wasn't able to get a kit before it was discontinued!" If I wore a hat, it'd definitely be off to you!! GREAT JOB!!

Wayne

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Cappy D said:
I'm not sure John and Maureen actually shared a room much less bed! She might've interfered with John's writing.

For that matter where did Smith find a room? Did they have a guest suite? In my evil imagination I have John and Maureen stateroom one (twin beds), Penny and Judy stateroom two (twin beds), Will and Don stateroom three (bunk beds). Smith sleeps in one of the lazyboys that fold up into the consoles.

In the TV show I think there were separate rooms for each, including Bloop.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Checking Cappy's floor diagram I see Smith has a cot in the "sick bay". Certainly more appropriate than having him share Will's room.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I could see by viewing some of the first season shows, Smith was always in the room closest to the secondary control area. Hence, I put the "sick bay" there. Purely conjectural, of course, but it also makes sense this way, as Smith was a stowaway and not intended to have a room. So I guess they had to put him somewhere, right?

As for Will, from what I've seen of the first season shows, he was always by himself, which to me made no sense due to the limited space of the ship, so I bunked him with Don.

- Cappy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts