Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know if a net or an EHW can be used as a tuning aid for more or less bite in the same compound? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
B.T.W.
Since John has taken over at BSR these tires are Excellent and have made me excited about racing on concrete again!
On or local 310 ft 18 degree banked oval Ive been running ;Green L Prolite LF, Gold S ProNet RF, Green Prolite L LR and a Blue ProNet RR. Combo works well for me :D

Later, Lee :cool:
Wish I was Racin!

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
Well, the "net" came along because of heat build up in the tire. The heat seperated the glue from the foam and rubber in the center of the right rears, fronts also went soft. The net cured most of this.

The answer is YES you can tune with a non-net to a net. The non-net will have more traction or a softer feel than a Net tire. But, be aware you can run right thru a non-net on the right rear or right front. MSA is one place you can run non-nets on the right rear. The EHWs rarely work anywhere, because they take too long to come up to race temp.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
jflack,
We tried some of the "spec caps" made by Racetech as a cost cutting move.They were non net tires of course the right front and right rears were good for ONE raceday some cost cutting Huh LOL. I always run a net on the right front now although I will run a prolite on the RR under cool low traction conditions. Love cap racing :D
I havent tried the EHW tires but I agree with ya , gotta go from the tone or your way behind. Maybe for the Gascar guys and there longer races?
Gotta get up to MSA sometime here that place is the chit!!

See Ya, Lee Helander :cool:

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
MSA is a great track! Ran very well, on time, great race program. Great hobby shop also. Tell DR I said HI!

Never ran the Bolink tires, I have seen them run. What I seen was the tire never was in the track. They would slide really bad, a 4 wheel drift maybe fast on dirt , not on pavement!

JFlack

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Correct on the Racetech spec tires, most of the guys were putting all sorts of nasty chemicals on the things trying to make them work! Pretty much resulted in destroying alot of tires and a few cars too!
I havent seen any of the BSR spec tires ran anywhere, I would bet that they are a much better tire though.

See Ya! Lee :cool:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hey guys here is the deal, all EHW means is that it has two nets instead of one. John only makes Silver and Golds in EHW for the velodrome every thing else is special order. I for one would never run EHW other than a velodrome. Net tires have one wraping of net and can be run on any side but most perfer to run them on the right. I how ever feel that YOU DO NOT NEED TO RUN NET TIRES AT ALL! The way the tires are made now you will only need pro light tires. You can run the net if you want a harder tire to take traction away. On most cap tracks I would run Pinks or Greens on the left and blues on the right. Pinks are now softer then greens but harder than reds they are really awsome!

-Monti-

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help here. Now one last question. What about stagger? R's and S's or S's and L's? I will only race caps maybe once and don't want to spend alot of money. I have alot of greens. New green R's. What side should I put a wide rear on? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Mel a good starting point is "L" Green ProLite for the left front, "L" Green ProLite Narrow Rear for the left rear. "S" Blue NET Front for the right front and a "R" Blue NET Wide Rear for the right rear.

Generally the only time you would run a narrow rear on the right side is on a velodrome. Narrow rear always (or 99.8 % of the time) on the left rear.

Better yet just go to the guy who is consistantly fast at your track and see what he is running for tire combination. Or post what track you will be racing on and I'm sure someone on here will have a combination to recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts