Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do a sytems restore (as opposed to restore to an earlier time) on my HP with windows XP.
Before the restore I had MSN 9 running on my computer, after the restore it reverted to MSN 6.
I tried to download MSN 9 again from my disc, it doesnt take, it prompts the MSN installation wizard but it wont download from the disk, the light on my disck drive stops flashing after the wizard starts so I dont think its reading the disk.
I ordered another disk from MSN, same result.
Also, there is no CD-Rom icon in MY Computer. Just a CD-RW icon, is this the same?
When I click it, a blank page pops up and nothing happens.

And I cant re-set my homepage to My MSN, only MSN.com.
My msn appears as the homepage on Internet Explorer, Can I shut off Internet Explorer and still be able use my MSN explorer?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by a "systems restore".

You reinstalled windows XP?

Try completely uninstalling MSN. Check add/remove programs and see if this appears in the list. Then try reinstalling from the CD.

Internet explorer is an integral part of the operating system. You can probably disable it (lawsuits against MS made this mandatory I think) but it's always going to be there in some form. Check add/remove windows components (MSN may also be there too).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts