Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The group I race with recently decided to allow tuff ones chassis we alfeady allow jl/aw and open gearing.The thing is I can get a copper t-jet to run decent but when I do the same things to a tuff ones they are pigs.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it is an original Aurora Tuff Ones chassis be careful not to have too much brush spring tension, the spring "arms" are alot stiffer than the original T-Jets. Too much pressure can make them run slow and HOT!!! Be sure to also check to see if the axles are turning freely in the chassis. Try to eliminate as much friction as possible.
I sometimes wish I was still living in Indiana, I had a bunch of great friends in Illinois/Indiana to race with.

Bob Weichbrodt
"Rawafx"
W-S, NC

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is an original Aurora Tuff Ones chassis be careful not to have too much brush spring tension, the spring "arms" are alot stiffer than the original T-Jets. Too much pressure can make them run slow and HOT!!! Be sure to also check to see if the axles are turning freely in the chassis. Try to eliminate as much friction as possible.
I sometimes wish I was still living in Indiana, I had a bunch of great friends in Illinois/Indiana to race with.

Bob Weichbrodt
"Rawafx"
W-S, NC
Thanks I will try that,if your ever in northwest Indiana let me know maybe you could make one of my monthly races on my 4 lane TKO,or stop by and do some hotlaps Rick

·
Registered
602 Posts

Bob Weichbrodt
"Rawafx"
W-S, NC
RAW hit right on the head. Too much spring tension. Also, try using Wizzard brushes, and notch them on the bottom.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Northwest Indiana....hmmm, I used to work at Terry Shaver Pontiac there on Route 30, and my mom still lives in Peotone, Illinois so I do get up there usually once a year. Should be in that area in June for the Hot Rod Power Tour. Maybe I'll try to stop by on the way from my daughter's in Warsaw, IN to my mom's.

Old Indiana/Illinois guy,

Bob Weichbrodt
Rawafx
W-S, NC

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get in touch ,if you have never checked out a BANKED TKO track you need to check mine out.I have monthly races all year long,not just in the winter like alot of slotters!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
brownie thanx for asking the running hot and ratty question,i too have the same symptoms with some of my tuffys,but also have some that fly pretty good.but most of all thanx to raw for a fix!! i,m heading down to the bench and try some detuning the hottest tuffy. let me just add that for me the tuff ones are my most favorite chassis and there is nothing like a good running one!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
with the brush spring tension,you could just releive a bit with a micro screwdriver i think...or see if they will allow bevelled brushes...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts