Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, the rest of their JDM Tuners series doesn't really appeal to me, but I've always been drawn to the 2000GT. If I ever become a billionaire I'll definitely be getting a real one for my garage 馃槄

The Porsche was the main reason I grabbed the 20-pack, haha. It's pretty nice as far as modern Maisto 1/64s go. The body proportions are slightly off, but it has a really detailed interior and base. I think I'd give it a 7/10. A wheel swap could bump it up a point or two. I took a couple pictures of it next to an old Maisto 356 A coupe I have. I was kinda hoping that they had just modified the old casting for the convertible, but it's actually a completely new one. It looks like the convertible is based on a 356 B or C.

The Thunderbird, Charger, Monte Carlo, and '57 Chevy pickup were all ones that sealed the deal. The school bus is kinda fun, too. I had one exactly like it as a kid and I think it's fun that they're still producing it a couple decades later almost completely unchanged.

The Lambos in the set are a Countach and a Hurac谩n, no Diablo unfortunately. I quite like the Countach and the Hurac谩n is decent too.

Administrator
Right! I was thinking Diable but seeing a Countach. The Huracan is pretty nice too!

But, that Porsche is pretty amazing for a Maisto! As is the body of the older Coupe version.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
I trekked out to a Smith's Marketplace a couple days ago and got enough cars so I can send in for the '77 Dodge Van once I crack them open. I know I'm still playing catchup with the 2020 cars since I just recently started collecting again, so I'm not sure if there's really anything in here that's particularly exciting to anyone but me, lol. I figure the Rockin' Santa Sled is probably a new one, though?

I also found my first Treasure Hunt in years... and then found two more of the same one a few minutes later, lol. From looking on eBay it seems like the rTH Power Pistons isn't too hard to find, but it was still fun to snag them.

Got a few Matchbox Power Grabs, too.

Premium Member
Awesome haul congrats. 馃憤I found some of those today also the Halloween night burner and I found 3 power pistons regular treasure hunts also. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Mailbox find! I bought a bunch of VWs from a guy who's selling off his massive collection and they arrived yesterday. It's all pretty random, lol. Some newer Hot Wheels and some going back to to the mid 90s, plus a few that are other brands. The bigger yellow Beetle right next to the Drag Bus is a Yat Ming pullback, the black convertible is a Welly, and the others are unknown at this point. I think the smaller yellow one might be Tai Cheong based on the wheel style, but it needs more research. I had the Track System Gift Pack as a kid and all the cars are pretty rough now, so having an unopened set is a fun bit of nostalgia.
IMG_6987.JPG

Premium Member
Awesome Volkswagen's you got congrats. 馃憤

Reactions: canalnoises

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
I forgot to snap a pic of yesterday's haul until after I'd already cracked open a few. Oops :p
Got these all at a different Smith's Marketplace than the one I went to a few days ago. My wife was with me this time and helped me dig through the awful bottomless dump boxes... is there a technical name for those? She found me the Baja Bug, the Mattel Dream Machine, and a few others that way. Pretty successful run, in my opinion.

I also found a Playmind Overtake 35-car tube that cost $9.99. None of them are licensed castings, but I think I can identify what real life cars most of them are based on. The quality is the same as the "generic" models in the 5-packs from Dollar General, which is a couple notches below their licensed castings. None of these have separate interior pieces, just a couple seats molded into the base.

Administrator
Kudos to the wifey for helping hunt! Are the tubed cars like other playminds and have screwed together bases?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts