Hobbyist Forums banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Awesome finds congrats. 👍 I'm on the hunt for that Volkswagen drag bus monster truck and the scooby doo mystery machine van. 👍I will be checking Walmart tomorrow for those and I can't wait to add both of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Mail call from eBay today!

The car on the Cheetah card is a Lancia from Summer. I think it's the first Summer car I have with their name actually spelled out on the base.

The blue race car is a Honda from Yat Ming:

The loose VWs are, from left to right, Maisto, Matchbox, Kinsmart, unknown, unknown, and Hot Wheels.

I think the Matchbox Beetle taxi might be a factory repaint, with that green peeking out around the paint chips. I have another version of this casting that's a similar green, but (of course) I'm not sure where it is right now so I can't make a direct comparison. It could just be some sort of primer though.

The Maisto Lamborghini Diablo is a diecast 1/87 scale keychain. I'm tempted to rip open the bag to see what all is in the brochure, but haven't decided for sure if I will. I suspect it's just going to show their large scale models though, which lessens the appeal to me.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Nice additions. I think I have the VW red (none soccer ball) version in black. To me it has the same types of wheels other pull backs have, but those are just generics as well that I have. How many of the Green Corvettes do you have now?

Reactions: samace22

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Forgot to ask if the headlights work as a flashlight on the VW's and are the wheels 6 spokes......

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Yeah, those 6 spoke wheels seem to show up on a lot of generic pull-backs. No flashlight function on these, unfortunately. the classic Beetles have foil sticker headlights and the New Beetle's headlights are painted silver. I've had two of the classic Beetle with the same soccer ball tampo for years, so when I came across the one without the soccer ball and the New Beetle with it I thought it would be fun to add them to the collection.

I just have two of the green Corvette now. One loose 5SP version from a 5-pack I got as a kid, and now this 7SP carded version.

I noticed that the chrome on the base of the new one is kind of a semi-gloss with rainbow swirls like you'd see on a puddle of water with oil in it. Do you know if that's a known variation, or has the chrome plating just oxidized or something?

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Not a known variation that I know of! It almost looks painted on. Be sure to leave it in the package for now! Do you have another photo at a 45 degree angle? and the side.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
The pics are fine even with the cell pnone. The newer phones have better cameras than some point and shots now. I should have been more specific about the other 45 degree angles. I was looking for more images of the base at a 45 degree angle to see the chrome surface finish. But the close up of the car side one above shows that it is reflective still, but not so much as the wheels.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Oh, gotcha. How about a video? Sorry for the shakiness.
The top side of the bumpers and side pipes are fairly shiny, which is part of why I'm thinking it might not have be more of an error than a variation. I like it though. I think it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
I made a big loop today hitting all the dollar stores, plus Target and Walmart. It wasn't as productive as I had hoped- most of the dollar stores were bone dry. One of the Dollar Trees I stopped at did have a bunch of Hot Wheels, though they were pretty well picked over. I came away with an orange Hot Wheels Surf'n Turf and the new Porsche 944 as well as a few Maisto.

In addition to all the Dollar Trees, Family Dollars, and one Dollar General, I stopped at a non-franchise dollar store near me called 99¢ Plus. I've only been in there once or twice before today. It's an interesting shop with lots of Asian stuff, but I didn't remember them carrying any toys (which is why I haven't been more recently). The toy selection was very small, but they did have a pack of cheap diecast that I hadn't seen before. There are eight cars in this "Fast Wheels" set. The only company logo on the box is Hunson, a brand that I hadn't heard of. They have a few things on Amazon, including a generic SWAT truck and a generic police SUV. My Fast Wheels set and the two cars on Amazon have a sticker on the back saying they were distributed by JPW International. I looked them up and found a Fast Wheels 25-pack listed on Amazon.

The cars have a one piece plastic wheel and axel combo. Surprisingly they actually roll pretty freely. The base is clipped on the body and was easy to pop off and open up on the one car I tried.

The base of the red car on the top row has additional information printed on the base. This time, OKK Trading, Inc. is referenced. OKK actually has a website, but you can't see much without logging in. Unfortunately you have to have a business license number to register, so I haven't done that. A couple weeks ago I was visiting my nephew and discovered that his grandma on the other side has been giving him Global Way International cars (with the antelope logo on the base!) as rewards for potty training. One of the cars he showed me also has OKK Trading information on the base. I'll post about those in another thread when I get around to it (I'm getting quite a backlog here...). I got a link on Amazon to where she bought the multipack, but it looks like it's been taken down.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Oh, I guess I didn't finish my followup post with what I found at Target and Walmart. They were fairly picked over, but I guess they were in a bit better shape than yours, Michael, since I did come home with a bit.

I only picked up a few cars from Target, but I was happy to find the Jag and a monster truck with a crushed diecast car. There were a couple more Flying Customs Beetles on the pegs, so I got one to give to my nephew. Also got the GT Hunter from the Art Cars series. I'm thinking I want to get all of them this year so I can spell out the phrase, haha.

Walmart was actually fairly decent, too. Found my first ever M2 chase. Other than being rare the set doesn't really speak to me, so I'm thinking I'll probably sell or trade it for something else I want more.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Awesome finds congrats. 👍I'm on the hunt for some of those and I can't wait to add all of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

Reactions: canalnoises

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Are you planning a wheel swap for the Grand National? I cant remember if you already did the yellow Porsch but looking to forward to it and the orange one if you do!

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Interesting find on the Hunson Speed Wheels. We have one of those .99$ stores down aways from one of our Dollar Trees. I have never found diecast there before either but will have to check them out again. Has been awhile since I stopped in. The engineering on them is interesting as well. Both the one piece wheel axle design and the Hunson name sound familiar. I will add both of them to my to do list in the brand listings to see what I can find again.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
The GWNT and antelope head almost sound like previous Summer castings! Looking forward to what you find out about them, too.

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Congrates on the M2 Chase! I know you will already but be sure to show us what you trade for it - if you do! I found that 5 pack with the Bone Shaker in it; yesterday, at the toy show. Are you planning to also do a find thread on the 2021 Mystery cars. Those are the first ones I have seen for this year. Our mix of the Adventure Force 9 packs (well all their castings) still dont match up to what you are finding!
Did you notice the "Clover Leaf" lodo on the Hot Tube? I havent seen that in the Holiday Series in quite awhile either. I didnt find the Aston in the MB mix you did but the Ranchero in blue is a great looking casting. Did you see the Ford Capri - it is a greyish silver body color? Not that great looking but a nice addition to their casting line!

181 - 200 of 226 Posts