Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't Polar Lights-related, exactly, but I just found out Rue Morgue Magazine is holding their first ever (hopefully annual if it goes well) Festival Of Fear right here in Toronto, Aug 27, 28, 29! I don't remember EVER having a convention of this sort in Toronto and am really looking forward to it. I'm hoping that among everything else there'll be models (Polar Lights, there's the plug) and mags and goodies to buy! The guest list includes George Romero, Tom Savini, Basil Gogos and lots of others (they're still adding guests). There aren't a lot of details yet RE scheduling of events within the event but if you want to check it out, here's a link:

Rue Morgue Festival Of Fear

As an added bonus, the Toronto Convention Centre is hosting, all on the same weekend (separate tickets, though), the Canadian National Comic Book Expo, the Canadian National Science Fiction Expo, AND the Canadian National Anime Expo!

Come on up north of the border and take advantage of the exchange rate!

(I am in no way associated with any of the above events and stand to gain nothing by advertising this event, I just want to spread around the word so this event becomes an annual happening.)

Hope to see you there!

:dude:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Anthony - I don't envy your drive up to T.O. (call it 'torono' if you want to sound like a yokel, I mean local). Looking forward to seeing you and Rob there!

Ross

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Guess Who said:
Hey! Maybe I will go. Will see if OAB is interested too.

James :)
I think I can go as a guest to the comic con. I know the guy running these things...he did ask if I want to be a guest.

I said I'd think about it. Now I guess I have a reason to go!

OAB

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Guess Who said:
I can rent a "hump". :D

Well...you have the drivel down....and I can give you a limp (FREE!)...

Yeah. I guess it could work.

My name isn't Thomas.....so...I won't insist that you call me Master.

OAB

AT....humps are legal....as long as you don't get caught with one.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
As with many other strange things in our legal system, you are allowed to wear a hump but you aren't allowed to buy one. Also, flossing is mandatory.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The same thing will eventually apply to cigarettes. You will still be
able to buy (most of the price is tax) them but you won't be allowed
to smoke them. LOL!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guess Who said:
The same thing will eventually apply to cigarettes. You will still be
able to buy (most of the price is tax) them but you won't be allowed
to smoke them. LOL!

That's the way it was when I went through Ireland in May. Cigarette vending machines all over the airport, but you had to go outside to smoke.

Vern

1 - 16 of 16 Posts