Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can You Reshape Resin Like Vinyl?

Okay I'll make it Fast,
I have a Couple of The "Mars Attacks Kits" from Screamin' Well they're in Perfect Shape JUST ONE GLITCH Seems that the Raygun Molded into the hand of the Martian has a TINY thin Piping across the top (Like a Gunsight I suppose) anyhoo This Piece is Bowed in bad, So can I use the "warm water" or "Hairdryer" Techniques as I would on Vinyl? Oh Yeah I forgot to mention These are Resin Pieces. Is there any method to reshape Resin? (like there is for vinyl) Thanks in advance

"Ack ,Ack"
JOHN/LONFAN

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic Dave! Only trouble is the way this piece is Located (Top of the Raygun Like a Laser Sight) it's gonna be hard to find away to Hold it in place until it sets BUT at least I have a Start! Thanks again

JOHN/LONFAN
"We Still Have Two Outa Three Branches Of Goverment,And That Ain't Bad."
Jack as The Pres. Mars Attacks!

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,044 Posts
Or you could...

lon,

I'm not familiar with this particular detail, but it sounds like a relatively simple item. Can you describe this thing more fully, or post a photo? If the techniques that Dave shared don't work, you might consider just scratchbuilding a replacement. Sometimes that's easier than wrestling with a warped resin piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts