Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a Emaxx from towerhobbies. I was going going to get the combo package, but I have read the batteries are cheap. So in addition to the truck what else should I buy? I'm getting this truck for some backyard fun with my little cousin, I'll be buying a Revo 3.3 for myself in a month or two. One thing I know I will be doing is bashing in the snow, so I will need to protection also. Thanks

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
jeostang,

The combo pack is OK, if he does not want to spend a lot of time running the truck. The batteries are weak and really need to be 3300 or better in mAh. The charger is not bad for a beginner, but since we have already identified that the batteries are bad then going to higher mAh means having to get a nicer charger too. A DuraTrax ICE Charger or possibly one of the other Intellipeak line chargers should do the trick. Other than that, the stock radio, ESC, etc should work for you.

Regarding playing with it in the snow, that really is not a great idea with it stock. I have read on here about another ESC you can buy from mtroniks that is sealed and runs the dual motors and accepts dual batteries that works great for things like that. But that is going to cost some extra coin, big time.

Hope that helped a little.....

PD2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Yeah, the EVX in the E-Maxx does not like water AT ALL! The EVX will short out with even a drop of water (Ya know, melting snow = water!), You have to cover the whole chassis to run it in the snow. Best thing to use is those saran wrap elastic bowl covers, those seem to work the best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
get a couple of 3300mAh batteries and i have a duratrax piranha digtal charger. it is only 50.00. i love the charger but i noticed that u will need to purchase a power supply. it taked 72 minutes to charger one 3300. also the duratrax intellipeak twin pulse chager is a good charger. it will charge 2 batteries @ once. this is good since the e-maxx uses dual batteries. you night needa power supply for that too.

i hoped that helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts