Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was browsing some auctions on ebay, and came across some 2013 super TH cars...now thats fine and dandy and to be expected. but how in the world does one have 2013 hunts from the FACTORY SEALED SET!!!!! arent those released at the last or beginning of the year? i just dont see how someone is getting these already! heres a link to the auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-...95255?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item1c2bd26dd7

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wont be anything on there, thats why its called a super th, nothing is on the cars anymore for supers...its the wheels and paint.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hate to say it, but could Mattel be sanctioning it (but of course they'll never admit it) just to keep the 'hype' hot?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I'm always suspicious of sellers/auctions
that don't disclose their location....

Just seems like they have something to hide :tongue:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my main thing is ok you might be able to find the normal supers without the factory sealed sticker but my thought was they dont even assembly them till late in the year so how the heck did he get em so early!. just seems odd to have that many out of the factory set that is not even assembled yet unless mattel has years and years worth of cars already made up just waiting to be released.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
my main thing is ok you might be able to find the normal supers without the factory sealed sticker but my thought was they dont even assembly them till late in the year so how the heck did he get em so early!. just seems odd to have that many out of the factory set that is not even assembled yet unless mattel has years and years worth of cars already made up just waiting to be released.
Huh :confused:, You lost me in how this person has the Factory Sealed Sticker THs ???? It's because he has inside connections or he is the inside connection.

For someone to have sold over 40+ Supers w/ Factory Sealed Stickers of the same TH, you have to think he is the insider or knows someone on the inside.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Mattel doesn't keep a back log of cars that are years old in their facility.
Usually with a Factory Set, there is one of each casting and if there are any re colors those are put in as well.
They more than likely set aside cars for the Master Set as the cars are made, and then package them up when the Set goes on sale, which usually happens close to the end of the year.
It could be that they set aside a certain amount, say 250 for the sets, and they may have discovered that they have 350, no reason to keep them in the warehouse.
And if this person has an in some place that is how they get them.
I looked and the seller is in the US so somehow they get them shipped here.
Or they buy cases some place and a majority of them had this car.
It is something we might ever know.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Huh :confused:, You lost me in how this person has the Factory Sealed Sticker THs ???? It's because he has inside connections or he is the inside connection.

For someone to have sold over 40+ Supers w/ Factory Sealed Stickers of the same TH, you have to think he is the insider or knows someone on the inside.
yeah...he prolly works the factory and pops them out in his lunchbox:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts