Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a short while there has been a flurry of announcements of new kits and lots of re-issues. With so many companies on so many model chat sites I'm having trouble keeping up with what I've seen and where.

Unless I'm crazy, I know I saw somewhere a re-issue coming out of the old Revell History Makers Corporal Missile with Transporter.

Can someone tell me where I saw it and is it Revell that's going to bring it back or does someone else have the molds?

On Revell's site the 'new kit' section only goes through October and it's not there nor in the preceding months.

It ain't easy being an old flatulent! What's next? My eyes? Oh wait, what am I saying? They're old too!

Anyway help here would be great.

hal9001-

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yeah Revell is repopping it. I assume its one of their SSP issues (not usually listed in a Revell catalogue). They just put out the Nike Hercules twice (from Revell Germany and Revell USA) and Revell Germany just reissued the old Renwal HAWK Missile Battery.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's great djnick66, thanks very much, now my tired old brain can rest. I didn't want to assume Revell was the company re-issueing it though I suppose it was silly not to think so. I don't even know if someone like Revell ever surrenders their molds (to swop, rent or what ever) to other companies to use.

Now the Hawk Missle Battery is listed in their catalog but like I said it only listed new releases through this month. The Corporal Missile may not be coming out untill next year is why they don't have it in the current catalog maybe? Or December, I just don't know.

Thanks again,

hal9001-

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Revell does lend out molds. In Japan Monogram (now Revell) kits are often sold for the home market in Hasegawa boxes. Revell Germany also shares molds with Revell USA. Since Revell ffolded and was bought last year by Hobbico (aka Tower Hobbies aka Great Planes) they have been digging into their mold stash quite a bit. The Corporal was issued last as a History Makers kit back in the mid 1980s... Revell isn't doing much/any real new tool kits but are working the back catalogue of molds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts