·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Charley!!

LOL... not sure what it will look like. It's dark now. But I burried my flag pole in the ground so it should stay - but the TV says we will have 75 MPH wind and that will make everything fly. In the morning you will see 2 lawn chairs looking at you - I wonder if they will be there when I get up.

It's kind of scary though - they expect the worse. We might be under water come tomorrow night. Let's hope everyone makes it out ok!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
BTW - how bad have I got it......

..... after all these years racing RC cars??

I have the generator sitting by the garage door ready to crank for tommorrow if we lose power - because I have get my car ready for the Sunday FOCAR's race: tires to cut - motors to get ready - batteries to cycle! I hope I have a cord for the fridge hmmmm haha!!!

Hey KAT! Don't try and put that COKE bottle on my car when I win - we make the rules and J.D. is legal - and that's what I drink in victory lane - OOHHHHYYAAAAA!! (maybe a little Coke will be OK then)

HAHA! CYA at the races!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Hang in there Mike!

As y'all probably know by now the projected path for charley puts the storm, Downgraded but still nasty, Directly on a path for us north Fl guys after it gets done with you guys. We're already getting rain and wind and yesterday several tornado's touched down in the area. Darn it I wanted to go fishing today too. See y'all sunday.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Mike, the weather radar looks like the frsit band of the storm should be geting to you within the hour, I noticed the flag is strating to move a bit on you camera. Good luck buddy!!!!!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Mike, looks like a left turn on the storm is good for you guy in the Bay are, but it will put it right in Armons backyard.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it does look like all the people who ezacuated tampa and came to orlando will now be going back to tampa? looks like orlando is gonna feel some pain?

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
Already getting hammered by a band! Can you say Catagory 4!!!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Mike Your web came is turning out to be like a ROAR event. alot of hype with no action!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Well Mike looks like you came out alright :thumbsup: I,m surprised I didnt see ya sitin in the lawn chairs sippin a cool one :lol:

Later! Lee Helander :cool:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Maybe next time...

Well.. we have more action on a summer afternoon! What a crazy buildup just to have nothing - not even .01 rain!!!! ERRR. But a catagory 4 would have leveled my hemi's and house for sure so I am glad we made it out ok.

There are 2 more waves coming off Africa so I will keep the camera ready for th next round. Some good footage today on local Tampa TV.

J

·
0 Posts
Hey Mike.....did Scarecrow Kenny really got scared ? LOL.......I've heard from friends....MINNREG was all but ready to take in poeple for shelter......weather.com showed Tampa Int'l Airport was closed as well as Busch Garden....I remember when I was there that we have to help the old peps move around...oh well.....Iam glad you guys are all OK..have you heard from poeple from Bradenton if thier OK ? ....hope you have done all your racing chores in time for the weekend race.......zoooom zooooom zoooommm

Henry E.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts