Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Charley!!

LOL... not sure what it will look like. It's dark now. But I burried my flag pole in the ground so it should stay - but the TV says we will have 75 MPH wind and that will make everything fly. In the morning you will see 2 lawn chairs looking at you - I wonder if they will be there when I get up.

It's kind of scary though - they expect the worse. We might be under water come tomorrow night. Let's hope everyone makes it out ok!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
BTW - how bad have I got it......

..... after all these years racing RC cars??

I have the generator sitting by the garage door ready to crank for tommorrow if we lose power - because I have get my car ready for the Sunday FOCAR's race: tires to cut - motors to get ready - batteries to cycle! I hope I have a cord for the fridge hmmmm haha!!!

Hey KAT! Don't try and put that COKE bottle on my car when I win - we make the rules and J.D. is legal - and that's what I drink in victory lane - OOHHHHYYAAAAA!! (maybe a little Coke will be OK then)

HAHA! CYA at the races!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Hang in there Mike!

As y'all probably know by now the projected path for charley puts the storm, Downgraded but still nasty, Directly on a path for us north Fl guys after it gets done with you guys. We're already getting rain and wind and yesterday several tornado's touched down in the area. Darn it I wanted to go fishing today too. See y'all sunday.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Mike, the weather radar looks like the frsit band of the storm should be geting to you within the hour, I noticed the flag is strating to move a bit on you camera. Good luck buddy!!!!!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Mike, looks like a left turn on the storm is good for you guy in the Bay are, but it will put it right in Armons backyard.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it does look like all the people who ezacuated tampa and came to orlando will now be going back to tampa? looks like orlando is gonna feel some pain?

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
Already getting hammered by a band! Can you say Catagory 4!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Well Mike looks like you came out alright :thumbsup: I,m surprised I didnt see ya sitin in the lawn chairs sippin a cool one :lol:

Later! Lee Helander :cool:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Maybe next time...

Well.. we have more action on a summer afternoon! What a crazy buildup just to have nothing - not even .01 rain!!!! ERRR. But a catagory 4 would have leveled my hemi's and house for sure so I am glad we made it out ok.

There are 2 more waves coming off Africa so I will keep the camera ready for th next round. Some good footage today on local Tampa TV.

G

·
Hey Mike.....did Scarecrow Kenny really got scared ? LOL.......I've heard from friends....MINNREG was all but ready to take in poeple for shelter......weather.com showed Tampa Int'l Airport was closed as well as Busch Garden....I remember when I was there that we have to help the old peps move around...oh well.....Iam glad you guys are all OK..have you heard from poeple from Bradenton if thier OK ? ....hope you have done all your racing chores in time for the weekend race.......zoooom zooooom zoooommm

Henry E.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts