Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it a yard sale for 50¢. It's diecast with a plastic base. No maker's name or casting number is visible on the base, just Made in China.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
It's obviously a Touring Car Championship car of some kind, but I don't know whether it's BTCC or DTM or some Australian series. Might be an Opel. Noticed it's not licensed since all of the sponsors are not real companies. Old Spice used to sponsor Opels in the DTM series.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PWSchuh said:
It's obviously a Touring Car Championship car of some kind, but I don't know whether it's BTCC or DTM or some Australian series. Might be an Opel. Noticed it's not licensed since all of the sponsors are not real companies. Old Spice used to sponsor Opels in the DTM series.
Yes, I think you're right. It has an Astra-ish look to it, and the Old Spice/New Space 'coincidence' no doubt puts it into the DTM series. Good info - thanks! :thumbsup:

DaCustomizer said:
i have that!!! :thumbsup: :wave:
Cool! :thumbsup: Any chance it's still in the packaging? I'd love to know who made it, and what year. :wave:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diamond Star said:
Yea it's Keke Rosberg's DTM Opel Calibra from around 95-96ish, that car is from a playset that came with an Alfa 155.
Hey thanks! :thumbsup: Keke's a helluva driver. I looked up some info and pics of Calibra DTM cars. AWD V6! The diecast looks exact. A Calibra won the DTM championship in '96, and Team Rosberg came 3rd in '94. :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rayman said:
It is made by Track Stars.They are cheap cars sold in grocery stores.
Thanks, Rayman. Never seen that brand before. Another one to look for. :thumbsup:

The Calibra casting, interior, and tampo work are nice, considering the scale and price-point. The plastic generic wheels look right at home too. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts