Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up in a large lot I aquired years ago and have never been able to fully ID them . It is a parts lot I would say thye are maybe 1/54 scale ( smaller than 1/43 but bigger the 1/64) I kinda of remember running across them somewhere on line before but can't find anythis again.
Thank s
Mike

PS NONE of the parts have any kind of ID markings what so ever .

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I believe they were made by a company called Penn Line, which was a model train company and I'm pretty sure they were the only slot cars that company ever made.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys nailed it. I just googled Penn Line slotcars and found out they were the only slot cars they made and in fact they were so bad that they bankrupted the company !
thanks for your help .

·
Registered
992 Posts
Talk about having a slice of history, That is just to cool. If you can I would clean them up, put them together and display them.

Dave

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is nothing to clean all of these parts are N.O.S The paint a decals are just old and low quailty . i would put them together but I don't have all of the pieces , there are no chassis .

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
WOW. very cool. talk about discovering a forgotten piece of slot car history...

--rick

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
They are Penn Line (can you guess the state they are from?) and the only available set I've seen is an Indy 500 AJ Foyt set with a very young AJ on the box lid. The chassis is molded in Atlas grey and looks like an Aurora A-jet chassis.

-------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

not the ones I have, mine are white and they have can motors with
gearing like an Atlas or Lionell...with really long pick ups shoes

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
not the ones I have, mine are white and they have can motors with
gearing like an Atlas or Lionell...with really long pick ups shoes
Sorry should have been more descript (I knew what I meant)....agree Atlas like but te size and pick-up configuration reminds me or Aurora O Guage stuff.

-------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts