Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my window masks from Aztec Dummy for the 1/350 refit and it appears I don't have enough of the little round pieces for the portholes. Does anyone have an extra sheet laying around?

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
set of the new aztec dummy sheets? I think you might have to buy more or go with the suggestion of the tape. I remember seeing a thread where it was shown in detail how the modeler did it. Can't seem to find it now using a boolean search.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
oh, any good craft store or wal-mart in the crafts section. The hole punches should come in a variety of sizes. Measure the portholes and get the one that fits accordingly.

What I like to do sometimes is take a piece of post-it note and punch some of the sticky band out. It's not overly sticky and not so weak that it'll fall off and it doesn't have a tendency to stick to the hole punch.

Or you could paint over the portholes and then freehand them later. I like my jeweler's magnifying visor for that. Maybe use a pen or marker that's the came color as what you want the portholes to be. Gives you a lot more control.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I meant a set of the single hole punchers.
If you can find them, usually on Ebay because the manufacturer retired, the Waldron Punch & Die sets (or their equivalents) are good for making a variety of circular masks. Probably a lot more expensive than an ordinary hole punch though...but you can also punch shapes out of plastic card stock for various things like aircraft or car instrument dials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts