Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this today. It's a Corgi Whizzwheels and other than the paint its in great shape.

The cool sliding door still works

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
"More Info?"

Sure can.
This casting started out life as a Ford Wrecker in '66, as you can tell from the wrecker-shaped bed.
The wrecker boom was chrome, and it was a very unique design where you could slide a handle that would raise and lower the wrecker boom.

That first incarnation had "regular wheels" in 66, and later switched to the Whizz Wheels in 1970 much like Lesney did.
Corgi made the camper version a year later in '67 along side the wrecker, both having the old style wheels.
Yours is #35 A7, made from 1970 to 1972.
The A7 is the Whizz Wheels version, and there were two different styles of old wheels, and they were designated versions A1 and A3, (and possibley others?)

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Yes I can as well, I misplaced this car years ago! Thank you so much for finding it for me I'll PM you with mailing instructions!:p

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sure can.
This casting started out life as a Ford Wrecker in '66, as you can tell from the wrecker-shaped bed.
The wrecker boom was chrome, and it was a very unique design where you could slide a handle that would raise and lower the wrecker boom.

That first incarnation had "regular wheels" in about '64 or so, and later switched to the Whizz Wheels in 1970 much like Lesney did.
Corgi made the camper version a year later in '67 along side the wrecker, both having the old style wheels.
The A7 is the Whizz Wheels version, and there were two different styles of old wheels, and they were designated versions A1 and A3, (and possibley others?)
WOW............I'm impressed! :thumbsup: Great info Lum

·
Registered
759 Posts
I wonder if this served as the inspiration for the Backwoods Bomb (which, as many of you know, also started out as a wrecker truck). Awesome find.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sure can.

That first incarnation had "regular wheels" in 66, and later switched to the Whizz Wheels in 1970 much like Lesney did.
I think those are the first type of Whizzwheels too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts