Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2 2000 hong kong toy fair camaros. They are both black with goodyear rubber tires, chrome rims and playingmantis toy fair 2000 tampo. Both are 1 of 2000. Oh one is an older camaro maybe 68 or 69 and the other is late 70's early 80's. Does anyone know anything about these(value, what year camaro, wl version)? Sorry i cant post a pic!

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think I paid around $40 for the Hong Kong Camaro Set through the Johnny Lightning Collectors Club. The New York City Toy Fair set is red and was the same price. Mine are packed away, but I think I bought 2 of each set.

I've seen dealers asking $15 each for the Camaros at toy shows.

I don't know what the current value is, but I wouldn't pay more than $15 a car.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The Toy Fair sets are very nice, especially 2000 to 2002.
I have both sets of the 2000 TF Camaros and one set of the 2001 Mopars.
The 2001 TF Mopar set is outstanding.
And I have two complete sets of the 2002 TF Fords with some extra spares that I
removed the Toy Fair tampos and swapped wheels/tires.
The other day, I noticed that Reno Diecast was selling the 2000 Toy Fair Camaros for
something like $24 a pop. That may not be the exact price but it was something like that.
I remember that the TF Camaro sets were expensive but worth the money, IMHO.
And I can't remember what I paid for the 2001 Toy Fair Mopar set.
I also have two sets of the First Shot Camaros. One is still in the sealed factory box.
It is not often that these sets are discussed.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I paid a decent amount for my TF Camaro set on the bay. It was pretty cool when they came, they were in the original box they shipped in, 6 to a box. I just haven't had the heart to open those up for some reason. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts