Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in San Diego ,Ca this friday thru the weekend. where are some good places to find/buy diecast cars?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
There are Toys R Us's every 10-15 miles or so. Try them.

Also, check out Kobie's swapmeet on Sat and/or Sun. It is bascially around the area where I-8 and I-5 come together.

There's still one KB in Chula Vista mall down south of the Navy base. There's also a Toy Liquidators down by the border. Take the last exit down I-5 and follow the road around looking to the right. There's a Big K right behind it. Across the street, there's another KB Toys in the outlet.

Of course, there are quite a few Targets and WalMarts in the area as well.

I would visit their websites and look for the store locators.

I wish I was going back soon. I enjoy visiting San Diego.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can find/buy alot of die cast cars at my house. Or you could go to all of those other places. If you haven't been in the area before you can give me a call and I wouldn't mind showing you around. Email or PM me for my number if you like. There is a lot of competition around here as far as collecting goes. I rarely find anything in the stores. But I try to get to the TRU and KB toys on the weekend. Kobies is OK. There are 2-4 guys that sell cars down there. I have heard of few great buys there but haven't had the pleasure of any of them myself yet.
David

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If you have a few minutes to spare, you should head out to Ocean Beach and check out "the Pier". The longest pier on the west coast. I don't get down there as much as I would like, but I was born down in Escondido and I really enjoy it down there. I haven't been since I started collecting so I can't help you with where to go, but San Diego is fun no matter what you are doing. There's Belmont park and the Zoo to name a few things. Anyway, hope you have fun!

1up

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the way to San Diego i saw a building off the freeway in riverside , cal that said Diecast Cars, anyon here that lives in california know anything about this place, i am about an hour away from it here in SD and don't want to drive 2hrs to findout it is no good or something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts