Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last month there was a VERY fun contest over at Swifty's. Some of you may know of it and others may have no idea so here is a quick rundown.

Owners were allowed to enter up to four Derby cars. They went in heats and winner of heat races went to finals. Well my car won the whole derby!

Here is the winning car and the Prizes I recieved!

The WINNER.

And the surprises...

The BIG Surprise, an Autograped Derby Car!!!

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
The Torino looks like it was left on spin cycle for a week.

It's hard to imagine that hunk of scrap winning a race with jacked up wheels :lol:, how does the derby work?

·
Registered
920 Posts
That's the best looking piece of junk I've seen in a while :roll: Nice awards too :p Let me know when the contest starts, I'd like to join :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No windows next time! Chicken wire!!!
I wanted to do that with all four of my cars, but to give these the feel of being in a Derby they are thrown against a concrete wall. So if the cars is taken apart, it is going to lose alot of its strength. The windows actually added strength to the car as well because of you lose your roof then you are done.

Anyway would love to have all of you in the next Derby.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
The Swifty's Garage" website has been experiencing technical difficulties recently. I just tried to go there and apparently it's still FUBAR. Keep checking back - hopefully we can still get the info we need for this contest! I hope I'm not overstepping by recommending that folks PM MR1050 or Swifty himself about this thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts