Hobbyist Forums banner

Cage car vs. non-cage car

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LetsRace 
#1 ·
Hi quarter scale-ers,

I am getting back into the hobby after many years. Was looking to get a tube frame based car to oval race. I notice there are basically two models, a Cage car and then a lower profile non cage car.

Was wondering if there is any appreciable difference in performance to either style.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks...

#2 ·
Hi quarter scale-ers,

I am getting back into the hobby after many years. Was looking to get a tube frame based car to oval race. I notice there are basically two models, a Cage car and then a lower profile non cage car.

Was wondering if there is any appreciable difference in performance to either style.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks...
From what I see on the JR Q-Scale Vision, I would say probably not. We have both racing (@ Freddie's) and both turn the same fast lap times. I have a Vision cage car and it works great. The cage looks cool and offers more protection and rigidity.

#3 ·
I understand the theories I've heard both ways, cage is stiffer, allowing suspension to work more consistantly, weight difference etc, My feeling is that any car in the right hands can win.
I don't have a cage car but I would think the cage would get in the way when working on it...
However the cage does look cool :thumbsup:

#4 ·
I too have a Freddies vision cage car and believe you guys are right. any brand or type can win in the right hands. I got it because it looks cool!!

Like any thing else once you work on it and figure it out the cage was not a problem to work around. I would buy the cage again when its time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.