Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any idea why this car has plastic wheels? I thought Classic Gold always had realwheels.

Just wondering, especially since this looks as if it's the first in the C/G 2 series to not have the RR's. :wave:

R

·
0 Posts
I think Tony's car (1:1) has plastic tires on it, so they wanted it to be realistic!!! :freak:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's worse than retreads!!! :thumbsup:

I'm just thinking I may want to pick up a couple more to keep in the blisters from a collectible point of view.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
robmcin said:
I think Tony's car (1:1) has plastic tires on it, so they wanted it to be realistic!!! :freak:
Wow what lengths do they go to for realism eh?

I knew there was another reason I didn't buy that car. I'm not a big 4th gen Camaro guy (I prefer 2nd Gens so there!) even in black and the wheels look good I still passed. The WL was another disappointment to me with only a white interior (yeah yeah tinted windows blah blah blah).

R

·
0 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
The WL was another disappointment to me with only a white interior (yeah yeah tinted windows blah blah blah).

Mike,

If you are really disappointed, just go ahead and send me the WL versions you don't like.... I will keep you from having to look at them all the time!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
robmcin said:
Mike,

If you are really disappointed, just go ahead and send me the WL versions you don't like.... I will keep you from having to look at them all the time!!!! :cool:
Well, when I say I'm disappointed, it means that I won't be putting much effort in to buying one on Ebay. I always assume I'm not going to find one in a store, but if I did find one, I surely wouldn't pass it up, or get rid of it. But if I was able to find more than one, I'll send it to you. How's that? :wave:

R

·
0 Posts
Sounds good to me! Do people really find things in stores????

Well more than one per year ( I found my Coke WL this year, so I am done!)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I did

robmcin said:
Do people really find things in stores????
Yes they do, I did anyway and with this one in particular it was probably hanging there for a while, at least until there were 2 of them to compare against each other. That white interior alone didn't jump out like other whites with the white wheels and bases. Lucky for me nobody else saw it, but even with it being a white, I'm not a big fan of that generation Camaro and it's on the trade board, just in case you didn't know, hint, hint, take a look, make me an offer.

Thanks,

Clark :D

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Wow that is strange that a CG has plastic tires, racers edge to boot. The first ever CG to break that rule I believe. Wonder if this was just a repack of a car from the 35th Camaro Anniversary series since they all had plastic tires as well. Where's Tony?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts