Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got yellow firebird from the zingers series the # is #375-10. someone mentioned on an earlier post that it had blackwall rubber tires. this may be a stupid question but how do you know if it has rubber or plastic tires? i used to think it was the tread on the tires. is that right? if not could someone correct me please. :freak:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well its not easy to tell in the BP but I open mine so then I know for sure !!The Rubber tire versions either red stripe or blackwall have treaded front tires, the tires are usally flater looking and not shinny like the plastic wheel versions !! Hope this helps some !!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
The hubs might be different too on the rubber tire versions. I think on the earlier SF releases this was the case.

Can you post a picture?

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Rubber tire has Cragar style wheels, hard plastic has slotted type wheels or what I would call Astro wheels.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
T/A Tom said:
Rubber tire has Cragar style wheels, hard plastic has slotted type wheels or what I would call Astro wheels.
Tom is correct to a point, there is also a plastic tire version with a five spoke hub. The only way I've found to tell the difference is that the rubber tired hub is noticeably smaller in diameter than the plastic one, besides the fact the front tires also have tread on the rubber version. I hope this helps.
-Charlie-

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
The front tire having treads is usually a good one. But first I look right to the inside of the rear tire, near the axle as it goes into the casting. The rubber tire itself is solid right to the rim whereas the plastic tires are hollowed out. The rear tires on the Zinger Cuda I have here looks like a minature hockey puck with a whole in the middle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts