Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Anyone make their own BWFs?
2. Do you start with a black car, or it doesn't matter?
3. Would these be considered "real" BWFs or "fake" BWFs?

Just curious as I bought some extra new black Jada Manxsters to experiment with...

(This is here cuz it seems like all the BWF'ers hang out here.)

(BWF'er sounds kind of naughty doesn't it?) :p

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
regarding Black With Flames;

Radical Decals is a good source for adding water slide, FLAME decals.

They are easy to apply and you can clearcoat over them.

http://www.radicaldecals.com/

There are also flame masks available from t3cochise that are really great, if you want to airbrush/paint them yourself.
Plus,they can be re-used on other customs.
this guys stuff is incredible!

http://photos.hobbytalk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=29851

there are some super talented guys on the customs board.
Check out CadillacPat's customs...they'll blow you away!

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=158

more detailed, decal info & tutorials can be found at
www.hotworldcustoms.com

as for, do I make my own bwf's? ...
yes,but mine suck,compared to the other talents here;

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
im in the process of doing two cougars in the bwf tradition.i strip them and primer them in white than yelloy,orange,blue than mask em an paint em black.im gonna try all acrylics on these.i just consider them customs ttfn johnny :cool:rob i like the bwf ya got there it looks sweet kutgw ttfn johnny

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
There are a few of us who dabble....

And thanks to RobDog for posting the great info. :thumbsup: Already knew about some, but need to check one in particular..... :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeppers I make my own BWF'S when I can find time to work on em, Im in the process of makeing a BWF transporter...( hang in there RICH, its still in the works ..lol :wave: ) :p

GOD bless
wayne james ( modelocar )

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I dont really collect BWF cars, but I have made 1 of my own, a Ford GT. I actually made 2, one of which found its was to Pennsylvania to a very deserving collecter of BWF

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Quantum said:
1. Anyone make their own BWFs?
As I've said before, my idea of "customizing" is opening a blister.
Quantum said:
2. Do you start with a black car, or it doesn't matter?
I would think so, but wouldn't really know (see answer 1)
Quantum said:
3. Would these be considered "real" BWFs or "fake" BWFs?
Neither. These would be considered "custom" BWF's, and are fully recognized as such by the famed Hobby Talk Johnny Lightning Black With Flames Committee.

There are many talented people here on HT who have done some first rate custom BWFs, and I've been lucky enough to receive more than my share of these, from many many talented members of this board.

At some point, I'll see if I can get the Carnut Johnny Lightning Museum and Bar & Grill BWF Wing to get their collection of custom JL BWFs together for a group photo, now that I have a BWF Burch hauler to transport them with :thumbsup:

For the record, we don't know how other BWF collections are organized, but we ourselves here at the CNJLMandB&G-BWFW hold to the Official BWF Committee standards of:

Official "In Series" Street Freak BWFs
Unofficial "Out of Series" JL BWF's
Custom JL BWFs
Non-JL BWFs
Non-JL Custom BWFs
Any old thing on fire

By the way, there is a heated (excuse the pun!) battle going on behind the scenes right now at The Carnut Johnny Lightning Museum and Bar & Grill (a name that originated from our own Stupid Squirrel, I might add) between the PIP Wing and the BWF Wing, over the proper classification of the infamous "Toasted Rivvy".

Members of the CNJLMandB&G BWF Board of Directors are suggesting that the "Toasted Rivvy" is the end result of the ultimate BWF, even though the car - underneath all that black soot - is actually brown, er, cream, er awww who the heck knows what it was anymore!! Regardless, the PIP Wing holds possession, and is telling the BWF Wing "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!!!" :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Being a fair and logical man, I must side with the PIP's. The car never was a BWF and it's condition now is undeniably Pipiful. You cannot take a VIN tag from a Ferrari, put it on a Pinto and call the Pinto a Ferrari. However, you can bludgeon, burn, hammer, paint, stomp on and generally destroy a Pinto and it will still be a Pinto! It's all about genetics, man. :dude:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts