Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, BWF Committee, I didn't see this car listed in a recent BWF list on another post. So, do you consider this car one of the BWF cars? It's black, it has flames.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
You have my vote. Spiderman graphics and all.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
sorry i say no.
but its your collection. and if it make you happy i say go for it.
some flame cars just dont look good and this to me is one of them.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I am sorry but I say no.

To me BWF should be similar to:

Or

But then maybe I'm too conventional.
Thanks Wyatt for the Pics
You can add it to your collection but I have not even seen that one before.
Richard

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I don't recall that car ever being discussed by the Committee before, and frankly, I wish it would just slink back under the rock it crawled out from..... Man, that is the ugliest car ever to come in front of the Committee, makes the "Streamer" van look positively stunning by comparison.

None the less, it should be evaluated against the BWF standards:
Is it black? (Looks to be)

Does it have flames? (Well, some of those things look like flames, but in the same vein that the "tribal" flames are flames. Other parts look like paint splatter :p )

None the less, it appears that the vehicle is most prominently a Spiderman car. How many other BWFs - save for the Cruisin' the Coast, the Hooker van, and Fest '59 Caddy - have names on them like this?

I vote no. Not because it's ugly (which it is), not because it isn't black (it appears to be) and not because it doesn't have flames (it sorta does), but because this is more of a Spiderman car with weird graphics.

Part of those "flames" look like broken shards of glass, fer Pete's sakes. Flames don't have ninety or forty five degree lines in them.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm in total agreement with carnut. This is a Spiderman car that just so happens to look like a poorly executed BWF wannabe. No way. :freak:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would have to say no, imo those are not flames, they are the color of flames, but thats about it. And btw, that is one butt ugly car!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I say no. Maybe if I found this car in person, I might change my mind. Just for the fact it's so ugly, I'm saying no.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Before I send this Spiderman car to the crusher or to be a banger, I thought I'd play with it a bit. I took off all the tampos, it looks better now, but it's still an ugly car. The cartoon-like flames somewhat reminded me of the flames on the GTX pictured, in the sense that the flames (on the rear fender) shoot upward. So, now it's just black with cartoony flames. :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts