Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a nitro powered monster truck but not sure which to buy. I have been looking online as well as in magazines at them and have come down to three that i'm interested in. I just wanted to know if you could give me some insite on them as far as pros, cons, reviews and what not please.

Trucks
1) Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5
2) Tamiya Terra Crusher
3) HPI Savage 21

Thanks in advance:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Which Monster

I own an E-Maxx and have no interest in any Nitro Monsters. That being said...

At our last race a brand new stock Savage .21 dominated the T-Maxx/E-Maxx/Savage race. Dominated all heats and the Main. Previous races all dominated by a T-Maxx 2.5 with new highspeed steering servo and bow-tie tires and a FM 3 channel radio.

Hope this helps...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a REAL old post but I might as well say it's hard to go wrong with a Savage. They're crazy durable & I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if a meteor hit mine. It's my fav out of all my R/Cs (been playing with them for about 14 years). The engine in the 21 is rock solid if you take care of it but the truck screams with a .26 Wasp.

·
Whats Next?
315 Posts
I have a Team Losi LST and it walks away from all these trucks on the track. It comes ready to rip with all the good stuff.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a T-Maxx & I love it. I also have an Associated Monster GT, which hella rules!
Between the 2.5, TNX & Savage that you have listed, i would go with the 2.5, or Traxxas' new Revo. Thet puppy looks awesome! You really can't go wrong with any of the trucks you mentioned though. No-one can really tell you which is right for you. They all perform. The main concern is your budget & parts support at your local hobby shop. Get whichever one they have the most parts for on the shelf. You don't want to have to wait (at least) a week for them to order parts when you break something.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have ruled the savage out. I am looking into the LST or the TNX now. For bashing it seems like the lst would be a better choice. The only thing is the lst (basied on the forums) has more out of the box problems. The tnx seems like it only has one (shocks). The tnx doesnt have the aftermarket suport I see the lst is getting already. The thing is the lst is more costly. Then if you have to fix some things out of the box, even more so. Both trucks are really new. Limiting the amount of info from users on them. I really want to buy my truck soon, but I want to make sure I get the right one for me. So I keep asking and reading. If anyone has any more thoughts on the lst vs the tnx for bashing I would be glad to hear them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just wondering did he contact losi for a new engine? I have been reading up on the LST at rcuniverse.com and alot of people there have them. There are a few problems but not so many. Everyone who said they contacted losi said they fixed there problem free.

·
Whats Next?
315 Posts
My carb was junk and losi sent me a new one 2nd day air. Its a very well built truck and it will only get better as time goes on. The high low range gearing makes this truck stand out from all the others. It comes with a sweet radio system and thoes big shocks handle any track or gravel pit. Im happy with mine so far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems kinda odd to me everyone would rule out the Savage for the LST. The savage has proven itself time after time as being strong and reliable. With the 4 gear diff mod and steering servo mod, and a lowered chassis the savage will hold its own on the track vs the lst. Even with them upgrades doesnt touch the out of the box price of the LST, and that dont include all the parts your gonna have to replace to get it race rdy. I definatly wouldnt rule out the savage, thats just my 2 cents.

David Johnson

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would not rule out the Savage either. I have one that I have taken the tank and move the servos and lower the center of gravity. I can't wait to got it to the track and see how is going to to handle.

Michael Lake

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a monster gt i am looking at selling and it has a roll cage, a arms, and a new body. give me a price and i will see if it is right. i was thinking around $300 obo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a savage 21 and its been a tank. It landed on its a$$ onto concrete when I was driving it one day and all it did was shake it off. I still have the 21 in it and it does rock. I would stay away from the 2.5 and revo. The revo is good but not if you wanna do any kind of bashing. The arms look like they would snap if it took a hard hit. I have nailed my savage on many curbs and sent it cartwheeling. I have yet to break anything. if your not gonna take the savage then I'd probably go with the LST cuz that thing just looks nasty. Dont rule out the kyosho trucks...I've heard they are pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the savage truck is a good solid truck,but with an upgrade to the truckzilla kit this truck is a beast,with its extended plates bigger wheels and tyres plus the massive .46 engine this truck is a force to be reckond with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts