Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not really sure if that's a good title for the post.

Question is - I just got two cars in the mail today from an OLD. Had passed on both of them in the past, only to decide a couple years later, "I've gotta have those!".

Every happen to you? Now that I'm pretty much tapped on the BWF cars, I'm looking for something new to go after & the PIP series is the next thing for me. I can't tell you how many of those cars I passed up, only to hunt for them now!

Sometimes I wonder if I do this on pupose - the chase is half the fun!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes, that has happened to me.
Sometimes you are focused on only certain castings and ignore other ones.
And then later you want to slap yourself for not buying those other castings that you
saw and passed up at the time. Other times, it may be due to lack of funds.
Often times, you will never see those particular castings in a store anywhere again.
One advantage of being a regular member here is the opportunity to try to obtain
those elusive castings from other fellow HT collectors.
There are a lot of great people here. Makes you feel proud to be a member.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
there are many cars that i passed on earlier in my collecting days only to regret today. the PIP cars would be one of them, the BWF cars would be another. although the majority of my 1/64 collection began with nascar and movie/tv vehicles, i started collecting the j/l firebirds. when i began hunting them at the local stores, i had seen what j/l has to offer. i eventually broke down and began buying other makes of cars as well. i have quite a few of the BWFs covered and some of the PIP cars, i still need quite a few of each to finish them off.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I have a collecting strategy, you might be aware of. I usually won't buy a regular issue car unless I get the WL, or unless I'm going to definitely collect a series. Well now that I'm pretty far along into collecting, I pretty much have all the series done that I wanted to collect, except for a certain series of 5 Corvettes. :D

So now if I get a WL, it's likely the regular won't be hanging around a store so I have to go back and get a car, I likely passed up many times.

·
Registered
779 Posts
There are very few that I wanted and do not have.
Obviously you can tell that I'm addicted and don't leave much hanging.
My regret is the amount of money invested,not what I left on the pegs.
It's been this way since 1996 so you can imagine how large my collection is.
Sometimes I feel that Wyatt's collection is the only one larger than mine.
I feel deeply ashamed and guilty because I know most of you can't afford that much,but I'm quickly realizing neither can I.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
I passed on the early BWF cars, and I really regret it now. I passed on the BWF cars because the only store that I saw them in was K-MART, and they were $4.39 there. The BWF at the other local stores in my area were always gone before I got there because they were $2.99 in those stores.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I originally did not like the Christmas cars and passed on many of them. Then one day on a whim I bought one and thought they looked so beautiful when out of the blister pack.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
70XR7--Good news, have a PIP camaro for you right here! If there are others you need, I can get some of the fairly recent ones at the local diecast shop. I also think he had a PIP Roadrunner from Classic gold last time I was there. LMK if I can help!!!

Pewter02WS6--Sorry, but only 1 Camaro. I will keep my eyes peeled!!!!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
eyecandy said:
70XR7--Good news, have a PIP camaro for you right here! If there are others you need, I can get some of the fairly recent ones at the local diecast shop. I also think he had a PIP Roadrunner from Classic gold last time I was there. LMK if I can help!!!

Pewter02WS6--Sorry, but only 1 Camaro. I will keep my eyes peeled!!!!
Thanks!

I'll pm you my addy, let me know if you want cash or trade for it.

I've got the Roardrunner, but do need 6 others:

All pics from Wyatt's site

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Before Moe started the infamous "trading' thread last January, I had many, many dupes of BWF and PIP cars. Not many left now.

When talking PIP's, don't forget the "out of series" cars like the Dodge A100, and the primered Nova from Hot Rod Magazine series.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did get the A-100 and the Road Runner from Classic Gold. I had forgotten the Nova. And I've passed on it many, many times when out in the stores..

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
70XR7 said:
Thanks!

I'll pm you my addy, let me know if you want cash or trade for it.

I've got the Roardrunner, but do need 6 others:

All pics from Wyatt's site

70XR7, PM me your address. I think I can help you on all 6 of these, if you still need them.

JP2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts