Hobbyist Forums banner

BuRP Sprint Car

11K views 123 replies 22 participants last post by  Micro_Racer 
#1 ·
Here's the prototype, hope the picture is in here.................

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Here's some more pictures.............
The ofna brick cells all melted on me when I tried to charge them up ??
Oh Well....Never liked them much anyways when I was using them in my micro RS4. So I used 2/3 a's in a funky arrangement to fit 7 cells in there. Like putting 10 pounds of S#$%! in a 5 pound sneaker :freak:
I'll try and put it on a track this week and see how it goes......... :D

Attachments

#33 ·
Hey Coro, The sprint car went good....... It seems a little over geared with the big block and the fun ones tires. I wish there was a bigger spur than the 52T........ I had a hard time fitting batteries, but I have the wheel base altered ( axle behind the motor and front plate moved back ). But if yours is unaltered should be a bunch easier.
Just make a new narrower battery tray to fit the body ( I made mine from thick lexan ) If you look close at the middle picture you can see the lower body mount is a cross wise tube secured with a allen screw on either side of the battery tray sides. drill the allen heads for a small body clip make a hole in the body and secure with the clips. The rear mount comes off the top of the damper rod.
The front tires were gripping a little to much in my test session and if I wasn't careful, it flipped just like a real sprint car, and the body and mounts held up very well...............
Bud I'm going on vacation for a few day, please save two bodies for me and I'll contact you when I get back. Thanks Roy

#34 ·
good news, good news...... Robinson Racing Products makes a 60T spur gear that we here in PA have been running for a while!!!! the part #RRP-1860 New Stealth Pro Spur. Works excellent, especially on a tight road course, in and out of the turns faster!!! Try it out and see what you think. :thumbsup: :devil:

#37 ·
zxboy: I ran 60/7 in my F.W. pro at buds track last weekend on the road course with the big block. It was a handful even at that gearing. Very easy to overdrive the turns, I tried some drag brake but it seemed to slow it down too much. On a small tight track turning the throttle ATV down seems to work good too. About 1/2 way through the 10 minute main I was wishing I could turn the boost back up though. But I'm barely coordinated enough to turn the wheel and squeeze the trigger let alone push buttons too!
I'm planning on building a sprint car this fall - I'll probably have a few dumb questions for you then. :hat:

Canbquick: We got SPRINT CAR bodies now !!

#41 ·
60T spur gear???

Guys...
I've seen references a couple times to a 60T spur.
Can you elaborate on the source and if it comes predrilled
for the diff balls?

That's some pretty steep gearing on the Fun Won
for a 60/7 or 8.57:1 Is that with the Big Block?

Thanks!

#42 ·
canbquik said:
good news, good news...... Robinson Racing Products makes a 60T spur gear that we here in PA have been running for a while!!!! the part #RRP-1860 New Stealth Pro Spur. Works excellent, especially on a tight road course, in and out of the turns faster!!! Try it out and see what you think. :thumbsup: :devil:
I think if you do some RAFstering with rollout, :D with the Fun Won tires, it might not seem so tall. I know it seems to work, even running the 16d on a tight road course or in a small area. Those motors love to rev if you let them. Besides, with an SC18 tire I think the gear would very close to the ground.
#RRP-1860 will take 8 of the larger diff balls
#RRP-1960 same gear, drill your own holes
Also, you'll have to hog out the motor plate alittle too and you need a 3/8 X 1/8 bushing.

F.Y.I.
aprox. dia.
Fun Won - 1.75"
SC18 - 1.35"
60t - 1.29"

#51 · (Edited)
Challange?

PUNK? PUNK?? PUNK???

Pretty big talk for a guy who doesn't even have headers on his SC18SC!!

You know darn well I can't wait to get some of that purty orange (or whatever color it is) paint on my wheels!

The way this week is looking we may have to settle this at the Can-Am Championships this weekend.
Smoking Maxx's at 10 paces...............BOY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.