Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I seen earlyer some conversations about tracks, I have one over here in LaGrange IN, its a 240ft (center line 1 lap) banked concrete called Schoolyard Speedway.
It has been compaired by 1/8th & 1/10th scale drivers as well as nicknamed Little darlington, but the 1/18th scale drivers call it super Daytona.
We are discussing the possabilitys of hosting the 1/18th scale stock concrete oval Indiana state championship race.
But a driver wouldnt have to live in Indiana to race the race.
Check out our site and info at www.rcspeedway.net and think about it, also I would welcome suggestions based on what I have described the class to be.
Tech bench check points and such.
In the link on my site called Special events I have a rough draft of alowances for the 1/18th scale.
I have recieved some feedback expressing that my track is just too big for the 1/18th stock... My BRP SC-18 Fun Ones stock with 6 cell AA 1100ma with foams has the record so far at 7.78 and 29 laps running 4 min. My SC-18 (small tires) 6 cell 1100ma AA, stock motor and aluminum chassis still gets 29 laps in a 4 min run.
Its big but a full feild of 10 will be a blast.. just keep the trigger floored and get that perfict line.
In Acron I tryed the big block against Bud and a couple others and got smoked but it was a real pleasure just getting out there.
Well think about it and check out my site for details... LaGrange IN, is aprox 40 miles west on US20 from the Ohio line and aprox 18 miles S of Michigan.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Awesome lookin cars!

After reading this post I have a few questions if I may..

Iv never owned a fun won. What kind of wheels are those,& can I get some dimensions for front & rear? My clubs rules state no open wheels & I wonder if I could get them under a body by narrowing the front end. And trueing the tire as small as they could go.

Can someone compare difference in performance between the fonwon wheels & the stock? The chassis is very high IMO with the funwon wheels.

ZXBOY was the only person who made the midmotor. Im running lipos & pushing. It might be the lighter weight of the batts. Did going mid motor make the car to tight?

Thanks

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Fun Wons use front 1/12 scale tires trued down to 1.80" on the front & back. they use a wider front beam to allow the tires room to turn from left to right. I doubt you could use them on an SC18 without serious modification on the front. Rear hubs are used to mount them to the axle that you might be able to narrow some, but I doubt you could get them completely under the body. Maybe with a mid motor mount and a narrowed rear pod??? The larger tires do raise the chassis slightly, but I have seen Fun Wons hold their own on several different tracks including DA TRACK.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts