Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey it worked :thumbsup:
It's a SC-18 with a narrow battery tray. It'll have a big block with the pod plates flipped upside down and backwards. The reason for that is the axle is now behind the motor like a 1/10 car ( the rear suspension seems to work better ) and the ride height is now lower while using the 1/12 tires..... batteries will be a ofna 7 cell brick back and electronics will be tight, but I'll get something to fit. I also have spacers under the front axle to lower that ride height and to be able to adjust caster......... The body will be a pain to paint with all the roll bar detail, I'll try and get that done this weekend. what do you think ???? If there's enough interest Bud might make some more bodies :)

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
VERY nice ZXboy! Were you able to get all your radio in there? what did you use for body mounts? How about a pic of the bottom?
:D

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
sprint car bodys

Why don't we just do it right here? How many do we have to have to make a special order Bud, 10?

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Hummm.....
That's 4 so far, I'll take 2 more....let's see....uhhhh...don't tell me....
Yeaaaaaaaaay!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey K1M, don't have the radio gear in yet, but it'll fit !! there are three body mounts. One tall one in the rear coming off the top of the damper post, and two on the side down low. It seems real secure, but will have to do a good endo flip to test it out :D I'll send a pic of the chassis with all the gear in it soon..........

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Perfect track for the SPRINT BRP

We've got the perfect track for a racing class here in Columbus. It is an Indoor Dirt Oval ran by George Hawkins and it is called Thunder Raceway. For directions and more info call 614 205 7299.
The CORCAR forums has a thread about the race track and racing there. It can be found
here.

There are some photos of the track and pit area in that thread.

They have electricity in the pit area and tables in the same and the area is clean. They run only foam tires and it is a well lit clean race area. George has been talking about putting together an indoor area to run Micros and BRPs in another room (not the same room as the Dirt oval.)

1 - 20 of 124 Posts