Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost interest in smaller scales for the moment and turned to collecting 1/18 scale cars again. I have even sold parts of my smaller scale cars to fund this endeavor. This switch in collecting has happened in the past and I am sure at one point I will go back to the 1/64 scales sometime in the future but for now I am liking the extra details giving by the larger scales.

The 1/18 scale cars that I am collecting are not the higher expensive brands because they demand crazy money. I am quite happy with the lower end of the spectrum of 1/18 scale cars and here is one of them. My focus on the 1/18 scale cars are for the most part are going to be European sports cars to super sports cars.

I think Burago did a pretty good job on this one but I let you form your own opinions.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i want to get some 1/18 or 1/25 i love 1/64 but i love detail and sometimes i feel like i should not have to add more details on some of the 1/64 especially ones that are fetching 3-8$ each car. just sucks around here no hobby shops, walmarts/kmarts just have the bad larger scale ones that are the cheap ones...this area sucks for anything i am interested in LOL.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want to get some 1/18 or 1/25 i love 1/64 but i love detail and sometimes i feel like i should not have to add more details on some of the 1/64 especially ones that are fetching 3-8$ each car. just sucks around here no hobby shops, walmarts/kmarts just have the bad larger scale ones that are the cheap ones...this area sucks for anything i am interested in LOL.
Having to pay that kind of money for lack of details in 1/64 cars is crazy. Thats one of the reasons I have greatly slowed down collecting 1/64 cars. GreenLight cars are not bad for the money and if little difference scale M2s are not bad either. Hot Wheels premium lines are sometimes hit and miss.

Wait until you discover makers like Kyosho and mini champs and Tomica Limited. Then you will really get hot because they are impossible to find in the states period without going to ebay. Those cars in 1/64 are alittle high than what your use to seeing in the stores but the quality and detail are just awesome for such a small scale.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Hey Buddy!....I feel your pain, its pretty much the same here where I live most of all my 1/18 are from NJ, NYS, Ohio, California, Kansas, Virginia,ILL,and Minn but never local since most of the local shops are out of business....And sad to say in most cases I've sold my older ones for the newer ones with the Super details vs 80's era style diecast cars....but so far its a win-win situation for me for now....who knows what tomorrow brings....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
+1 for low to mid end 1:18 and 1:24 scale models. I enjoy high end through low end cars as long as the car looks close to the actual 1:1 and is not toy like then I'm into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts